Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK maybe I am behind the times but my wife just handed me an add from her Parents magazine for Kuhmo tires. It is a $40 rebate on a set of four Ecsta DX Aroma tires from discount tires, they have a refreshing lavender scent!!! You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!

·
getting dirty
971 Posts
yeah.. I was in Discount Tire a couple months ago and they had a display of them.. I said the same thing when I say that WTF.

·
All out Idiot
1,714 Posts
burning lavender

·
Registered
840 Posts
Unbelievable

All these years mine have smelled like dog piss and now they have lavender.
:stan3: :(

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
I like the toasted rubber smell myself

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
i read about those beginning of the year already. they were released not to long ago. i've seen them for sale on their website already. they actually have them in 3 scents last i saw, and were thinking about releasing more if they worked.

i know years and years ago, there were street legal tires that were colored. but they also left a colored residue on the ground during a burn out. they ended up being banned due to gangs using them and leaving "their colors" all over their territory.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The lavender tires are supposed to appeal to female drivers. :sonicjay:

The colored tires are cool, but almost impossible to get the colored residue off your wheels.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
yeah the tires are very expensive I have one of Kuhmo's red smoke tires but not a scented one.

You have one of these? How is that? From everything I've heard they never went into production. :poke:

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
Who in the hell comes up with this shit?

Do you smell them while you're driving??? Are they strong enough scented to mask diesel fumes? I might be interested. ESPECIALLY if they come in lavender!!! OOOHHH my favorite.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you go to a Discount Tire, they actually have one of the tires in a clear plastic display box with a removable lid to smell, because if they were not covered, they would make the whole place smell like lavender. Like said above, I still prefer the regular burnt rubber smell, but thats just me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts