Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive heard about those nigerian scams and stuff. my jeeps listed on craigslist and today i received thie email about it:

HI
good day how was ur day, i want this ur item, but can you tell me the coundition of it and the mood of your payment if all is well i will send you money order or cashiers check when you cash the money my mover will come pick it up there pls amil me back asap coz when do this i will wait till the check claer b4 pick up
if all is well with you mail me back ur info name..........address............cell phon

Thanks
Camara

im thinkin its bull

·
i don't much care for you
2,397 Posts
it is for sure.... seen a few like that.

tell him to send the payment... see what happens... LOL but dont send him anything

·
sim sim balla bim
1,542 Posts
so ive heard about those nigerian scams and stuff. my jeeps listed on craigslist and today i received thie email about it:

HI
good day how was ur day, i want this ur item, but can you tell me the coundition of it and the mood of your payment if all is well i will send you money order or cashiers check when you cash the money my mover will come pick it up there pls amil me back asap coz when do this i will wait till the check claer b4 pick up
if all is well with you mail me back ur info name..........address............cell phon

Thanks
Camara

im thinkin its bull
I had my Ramcharger on craigslist, and I got a similar email from a women who claimed she was deaf, I told her to send the check and as soon as it clears I will you can have your movers come pick it up. That happened about a month and a half ago, still waiting on the check. Her name was Julie Weaver. So I would tell her send the check I will let you know when it clears.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I got the same kind of thing, when I had mine for sale on e-bay people would say I love your jeep I'm going to send you the money just reply to me. Then the first time I said, ok idiot don't ask any questions, maybe you have money crawling out your..... So I hit reply and it was a bad e-mail address. What the hell? Then more of the same kinda crap. lots of calls from national car sales guys wanting me to pay them 500.00 to sell my car. NO thanks. After all that I started getting fake e-mails from e-bay saying if I don't send money for something I bought they would call the police and FBI I've never bought anything from e-bay.
To top it off I get about 20 e-mails a day saying I won the UK lottery and to pick up my winnings and call people secretary for my money.

Screw interweb sales!

·
Fire fire!
2,569 Posts
Watch out for fake money orders. I got one from selling a snow plow. Good thing I took it to my bank and checked it out before sending my plow to him.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Watch out for fake money orders. I got one from selling a snow plow. Good thing I took it to my bank and checked it out before sending my plow to him.
Yup - lots of those going around. My wife was a bank teller and there were cops in there a few times following up with the tellers for a description of the one cashing it.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Give him your address, and have him send you a cashiers check!

I have about 20 of them.
a
I always play along with them. It does take them awhile to send you the check or MO, I've waited up to 4 weeks. I also give them a grandcentral number that I have. They always call via an internet phone relay meant for deaf people. They're fun to play with.

if they send postal money orders, they usually send at least 4 or 5 at a time.

Lame of you if you don't play along with them.

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
C'mon, thats easily bull!!! Who says they want the Jeep without even seeing it and says they are going to send you a check sight unseen? These scam artists work because people are dumb enough to believe them. If it's too good to be true, it is.
i knew it was bull, i just thought i'd alert and entertain others

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
Remember this, if it sounds to good to be true, it is. (well, with one main exception, and vehicle purchase is not it)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts