Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i ran out of stamps, and i need to sent out this important letter. and the post office is closed.

now i figured a way to scam the post office by making the return address the same as the delivery address and not using a stamp on the envelope. that way if they "return it to sender" it will go to where i want it to go, and for free at that.

has anyone ever tried that before. i think its a good system, unless they just keep my letter then i would be sad :(

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
well today i ran out of stamps, and i need to sent out this important letter. and the post office is closed.

now i figured a way to scam the post office by making the return address the same as the delivery address and not using a stamp on the envelope. that way if they "return it to sender" it will go to where i want it to go, and for free at that.

has anyone ever tried that before. i think its a good system, unless they just keep my letter then i would be sad :(
Um... unless the return address is using the same post office branch as your destination address, they are just going to assume you are trying to screw them. Then will return it to you... or do what I would do and throw the letter away.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts

im pretty sure that they have never thought of that.........durr
they will either throw away like homeboy said or they will return to said address and charge them a fee which in turn will be charged by them to you.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The post office while still a governemt agency is not stupid... They will deliver the letter ( if they don't know where it was mailed from), then put an envelope in the mail box with the letter at the delivery address with the request for $.41...... They will get their money!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
They will hold the letter and deliver a postage due slip in your recipricants box, they will not only have to pay for the postage but will have to go to there local office to pick it up. Been there. On the delivery side that is.................#$%^ sister!

·
I was born in the desert
1,719 Posts
It will get were it is going but no time soon. They will fuck with you like you fucked with them. Hope the letter wasn't that important. If it were me delivering it I would use it as toilet paper and flush it. You lazy bastard.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts

First. WHY?

Second. Is the price of stamps too much? Seriously, skip a hostess cake and buy a fucking stamp.

Obviously I was so boggled by wanting to scam the PO that I missed that you ran out of stamps. Doesn't pretty much every store sell stamps. Also alot of ATM's distribute stamps.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If we run out of stamps, we tape 41 cents to the envelope and our mail lady will take the change & will put a stamp on the letter for us. :thumb: We've been doing it that way for years & years. Not like it's every day, just once in the rare occasion where we don't have a stamp in the house.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
uh you can get stamps at any grocery store checkout. all you did was create more problems for yourself and recipient

·
Registered
194 Posts
ummmm....... if the post office was closed why not wait untill they open tomorow and buy a stamp, their not going to pick up mail if their closed anyways

·
Registered
209 Posts
I *might* have just recently put this theory to the test...

Wrote letter to friend.
Addressed envelope to myself.
Return addressed to friend.

Letter was stamped (validated w/ post office ink stamp) as if it had postage, and delivered to ME! So what i figured out is they screwed up my plan to *allegedly* screw with them!

Result - FAILED!

I wouldn't suggest attempting this with "important letters" or bills - lol...

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahahha no i didn't do it just thought about it.

i am not to cheap to buy stamps. i bought some this morning. i didn't know the post office was open on saturdays.

but i think i am gonna f*** with the neighbors by doing this or something hahaha

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jared, did you just get out of prison for selling E and now distributing it through the postal service?
who is that Jared. he sounds like a good role model :miff: did he have a sweet lifted lime green jeep on krawlers?

kinda like this, but on steroids (this is my jeep by the way)

42,948 Posts
I've heard when you get junk mail that have a pre-paid postage envelope, you can tape it to a box full of anything, and bring it to the post office. I think the weight is 12 or 14 pounds max.

They will ship it, at the cost of the people who sent you junk mail.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts