Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hula Girl At Heart
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, we are overloaded with Jalepenos and other yummy salsa veggies. Now I'm in need of some good fresh salsa recipes. Whatcha got?

Thanks!

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Damn...can't help you out with a recipe, but that sounds damn good.

I know what I'm making tonight.

·
Snowman
3,176 Posts
Cabbage
tomatoes
jalapenos
garlic
onion
cilantro
lemon juice
lime juice
bell pepper
salt and pepper

Chop up all veggies. Add all other crap. Enjoy.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
IBmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmNena-Jcomments

·
Bird is my bitch
1,406 Posts
I make more of a pico de gallo (sp?) salsa
Tomatoes
onion
jalapeno, habanero, aniheim, or whatever hot peppers you got
fresh cilantro
garlic
fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
I use the food processor for big batches, or just chop for a snack

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
okay, we are overloaded with Jalepenos and other yummy salsa veggies. Now I'm in need of some good fresh salsa recipes. Whatcha got?

Thanks!
Oh man...my Dad had THE best salsa recipe. It was better than that Fresh salsa that's in the produce dept @ grocery stories.
It was never a recipe that was written down and we didn't get him to write it down before he died. It was one of those recipes...a little of this and a dash of that. My mom tried to reproduce it...wasn't even close. :sonicjay:

·
Beotch
198 Posts
My wife makes the salsa so you will have to ask her. she only adds 1-2 jalapenoes, but then pours half into her container and then I over load it with peppers. Stop over and ask here but some of the ones above sound a lot like what she makes. I have the Hot sauce recipes if you have any hot peppers.

·
Got spicy flies?
1,927 Posts
Yikes!! Where to start?? Yes pico de gallo is the most basic -easy- one. Now if you want to give it a twist, add some small "cubes" of avocado... YUM!

For a fresh red salsa: Toss in a blender (food processor) 3 big tomatoes (cut in half) 2 jalapenos, 1 chopped clove, a few leaves of cilantro, 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste. Remember the more that you let it blend, the more "liquidy" is going to turn. It depends the consistency that you like.

And I will share my favorite salsa recipe for "verde" or green salsa: This is a little bit more elaborate but it is worth it! You may need to get some "Tomatillos" at the grocery stores. Put to boil 6 good size tomatillos, 3 jalapenos (no stem) and 1 large garlic clove. Once they turn dark green, transfer them to the blender. Add a few leaves of cilantro, a little bit of onion salt and approximately half cup of water (NOT the water from the boiling pot) Blend till the mix is smooth. Then put a little bit of vegetable oil in a pan. Once it's hot pour the salsa and let it boil for 5 minutes... You can use this salsa for ANYTHING. To snack, to season food or even add some beef, chicken or scrambled eggs. One of my favorites! :woot:

I could give you more but I just don't have written recipes. Just like my mom did: I cook with what I have handy :d:

·
Hula Girl At Heart
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone! I needed some basis of how may tomatoes vs. peppers, etc. since I still am not getting the portions right. I'll have to walk that LONG 20 or so yards to Jeff and Julie's to get a recipe as well :tonka:

BTW, Jeff, help yourself to jalepenos if you want---we have three plants worth and even Chris can't eat that much hot stuff :d:

·
Beotch
198 Posts
I think i'm pretty set with peppers I have 4 Jalepenos plants, 4 red chilie, 4 cheyanne, and 2 tai hot, so if you need some extra heat help yourself.

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
my wife has a really good receipe for mild fresh salsa, lots of lime and lots of cilantro

pm if you want it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts