1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Adrenaline my drug choice
1,045 Posts
where is the last jump

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts

So let me get this right... you take a truck out to silver lake to destroy it? Then you start running it over out there. Did you drag every goddamn piece of it out? That is the kind of stuff that gets these areas closed dickwipe.

All I see is poor judgment in those videos.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
rolled the jeep in front of the dnr?

he's hardcore

·
Stacks bring the awesome
2,642 Posts
dude you need to grow up and do that crap in your yard at home. silver lake is no place for that stupid crap and if the dnr would have seen that they would have kicked you out and called the cops on you. sry but silver lake is the only place close by that we can still go and have a good time without blowing 250 bucks on gas.

·
Last Free Man
10,836 Posts
dude you need to grow up and do that crap in your yard at home. silver lake is no place for that stupid crap and if the dnr would have seen that they would have kicked you out and called the cops on you. sry but silver lake is the only place close by that we can still go and have a good time without blowing 250 bucks on gas.
YOu can see the dnr truck pulling up in the last video where he rolls the jeeps.

·
787 Posts
I showed up just in time to see the guy in the Jeep roll when backing off. It was a good time for me to point out to my sons what they did wrong. (I laughed real hard when it rolled.)

·
Registered
203 Posts
You know, it's amazing how quick eveyone is to pass judgement. There were no laws broken so no tickets. Just because you jump a 1994 Bravada doesn't make you an idiot or a criminal... You see bikes, buggies, quads doing it all day long. As for picking things up, well we did plus crap that didn't belong to us (Chevy hood emblem, one wet flip flop and 2 broken buckets) so relax, we left the park cleaner than it was when we arrived. As for getting it closed, I think there is a better chance of that happening when idiots go blasting down the beach area at 50mph (in a posted 20mph area).

Life is short..... take a Bravada for a jump or 2.

·
Registered
99 Posts
thats so weak if your gonna post a jump, make sure the tires get off the ground. not even worth the footage. give me a break

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
You know, it's amazing how quick eveyone is to pass judgement. There were no laws broken so no tickets...

Welcome to what the intarweb has become. :shrug:

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
You know, it's amazing how quick eveyone is to pass judgement. There were no laws broken so no tickets. Just because you jump a 1994 Bravada doesn't make you an idiot or a criminal... You see bikes, buggies, quads doing it all day long. As for picking things up, well we did plus crap that didn't belong to us (Chevy hood emblem, one wet flip flop and 2 broken buckets) so relax, we left the park cleaner than it was when we arrived. As for getting it closed, I think there is a better chance of that happening when idiots go blasting down the beach area at 50mph (in a posted 20mph area).

Life is short..... take a Bravada for a jump or 2.
Welcome to what the intarweb has become. :shrug:
No its called we have no place in this god damned state to wheel as it is, and irresponsible stunts like that are what gets these places shut down.

Buggies - built to jump - highly maneuverable
bikes - built to jump - highly maneuverable
Quads Built to jump - highly maneuverable
stock Bravada = not built to jump nor maneuverable

Those videos make it apparent their intention was to take that truck in there, and destroy it. All that is is bad press waiting to happen - which we can't afford to have in this state. Now those videos are on youtube... how many other idiots may go out there to destroy their beater after seeing that? Even one would be too many IMO.

I am sorry Nuzzy you left a state where wheeling is plentiful and you don't have to worry about it as much, unfortunately in MI they are not as friendly toward it here. Some of us can't afford to just up and leave the state for a weekend to wheel in a nice offroad park, so we have to fight tooth and nail to keep what we have here at home.

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
I am sorry Nuzzy you left a state where wheeling is plentiful and you don't have to worry about it as much

WA is loosing areas as well (although yes there were more to start). And I certainly DO worry about it! You will not see me litter on a trail or make bypasses and goarounds.

What does sadden me is the witch hunt mentality the internet has spawned in recent years. Without getting any backstory, people seem quick to draw and quarter someone just based on a pic that may or may not have been taken out of context (which if anyone is keeping score is the same thing we all accuse the greenies of). I prefer teaching within the community and coming across as a combined front to those who wish to take away the lands. Bickering within the community only hurts ultimate battle we've found ourselves in. My $.02 :(

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
Hell, I even had someone on an Arizona forum tell me to take down the pic in my sig of my jeep climbing between a tree and stump (3rd from left)...

There's a damn DNR sponsored trail marker CLEARLY visible nailed to the stump on my right :sonicjay::sonicjay:

But what can ya do. Shoot first, ask questions later. :d:

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
I dont see anything wrong with jumping it. People jump their vehicles out there all the time on purpose and on accident, like the h3 i saw getting wicked air last time I was up there. However crushing a vehicle I do have a huge issue with. You never know what gets lost in the sand only to end up in someone else tire or get flung up into the air. Bad form.

·
Last Free Man
10,836 Posts
I think you are lucky for not getting a ticket for careless or negligent driving (at least the guy flipping the jeep).

·
Always right-sometimes
1,873 Posts
The jumping part was cool.

What was the point of runnig it over? Plain stupid. If I were you I would be embarassed of that footage, not showing it off. You look like a damn fool.

·
Now I Got a V8!
693 Posts
I don't know, jumping is okay, there's dozens of videos on the net of people doing that at silver lake and often it happens when you don't want it to. I guess the guy crushing the car learned a lesson the hard way by rolling the Jeep.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts