Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formally Donnie Brasco
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 cherokee with sagging springs. Have new 30" tires that are rubbing when going over larger bumps in the rear and rubbing alittle in the front when flexing. The back have popped the flare off-pain in the ass. was going to get the springs recurved but not sure if that would fix the problem and also not sure what todo with the front then. Wondering about springs from different vehicles or such. Basically any suggestions to toss around would be appreciated. The rr springs sit about flat right now. Thanks Ray

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
The stock ones wear out over time; very common. You can replace them with a set from Quadratec for fairly little money. Or if you had any plans to lift it, then now is the perfect opportunity.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Since you didn't mention a lift, have "new 30" tires, and mentioned rubbing in the front (on only a 1999), I'd say that there may not be anything wrong with your stock springs and you bought tires that are too big. Install some coil spacers and small blocks (like 1") in the rear + adjust your bumpstops until you are ready to buy a complete lift.

I wouldn't bother with springs from other vehicles when there are plenty of XJ spring choices available that don't sag or will easily last another 10 years.

·
Formally Donnie Brasco
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sry bout that. I would like to install a lift as well as correcting the springs. the 30" tires probably are a little big but the rear springs look like they should have some curve to them. Almost a reverse curve now.(haha) i dont have alot to spend but would like to lift a few inches as well. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
764 Posts
i ran 30 in tires for a few years now on a stock jeep. just replace your shocks and go with like a 2 in lift. plenty of lift for a dd and you wonr rub anything with the new tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts