Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a pair of Safety shoes, I'll be on my feet all day in 100+ temps.
Don't really want boots. Something for a business casual.

(Yeah, Engineer walking the plant floor)

Any recommendations, Something I can get local to SE michigan area.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Safety for just non slip type shoes? If so try Rockports or Doc Martens. again a little pricey, but only thing I have found to be comfortable when on your feet all day and that will last longer then 3 months.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
I have about 10 pair, all from Redwing Shoes. They are not that expensive. Just make sure you get the right size....if they are a little big, they feel like shit.

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should mention, I'll be expensing these!

Safety Toe, and probably non-slip

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
i like the industrial Doc martens. I stopped buying anything but Doc martens after having wasted money on a few other brands that ended up not working out for me. the Doc's are a little expensive, but their boots last me years. and constantly kneeling and dragging the feet when working in a garage will tear boots up in a matter of months. specially the toes.

i get the regular doc marten boots for everyday wear, and the industrial Doc's for work. only steel toe and only boots. you'll never see me wear anything else..

http://www.drmartens.com/

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
I need to get a pair of Safety shoes, I'll be on my feet all day in 100+ temps.
Don't really want boots. Something for a business casual.

(Yeah, Engineer walking the plant floor)

Any recommendations, Something I can get local to SE michigan area.
I spent last week down at Ford's KCAP plant (90+ outside, 100+ inside and very high humidity)...bring the Gold Bond for your tea bag.

Ford does not require safety shoes, so I wear Doc Martens. I have the style with green canvas on the inside. No problem with comfort on my feet all day.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,290 Posts
If a hiker/trainer style shoe falls under the business casual category, Converse has a few reasonably priced ($60) models which are oil/slip resistant and have a safety toe. A few of my co-workers swear by them and wear them daily even though we're not required to wear safety shoes.

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spent last week down at Ford's KCAP plant (90+ outside, 100+ inside and very high humidity)...bring the Gold Bond for your tea bag.

Ford does not require safety shoes, so I wear Doc Martens. I have the style with green canvas on the inside. No problem with comfort on my feet all day.

They told us Ford Hermosillo requires them, and our plants there does also.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just bought a pair of the Doc Maarten's and they're the best so far.
I got mine on eBay for $39.
Steel toe, oil resistant.

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
They told us Ford Hermosillo requires them, and our plants there does also.
I just double checked and you are correct. Hermosillo does require them. But that plant is air conditioned...so the Gold Bond is optional.

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just double checked and you are correct. Hermosillo does require them. But that plant is air conditioned...so the Gold Bond is optional.

I don't think I want to travel to Mexico carrying a container of white powder! :tonka:

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,016 Posts
I like Rocky or Danner boots. I usually go for the steeltoe swat boots. Ive never had a comfort issue with them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts