Had the same thing happen to me this winterthis is no joke this happened to me over the winter.
i wasnt welding but cleaning parts in our shop and had a propane heater running, my brother sprayed off a part and misted the heater, next thing you know i couldnt catch my breath and then ended up puking my guts out. i went online once i got ahold of my self and read up on whats in brake cleaner and that article popped up, called my brother and told him to air the place out. He was also having a hard time breathing.
luckily both of us just got a wiff of it and nothing serious happened