Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
1,658 Posts
ZR2 got bigger tires, skid plates, and bilstien shocks, and I think a beefier sway bar. Pretty much same as the Z71.

·
numero douce undela
2,543 Posts
the zr2 is totaly different. fully boxed frame different leaf mounts a i cant remember everything totally but if your thinking of converting your s10 to a zr2 its not possible with out a donnor chassis.

·
lost
7,378 Posts
the zr2 is totaly different. fully boxed frame different leaf mounts a i cant remember everything totally but if your thinking of converting your s10 to a zr2 its not possible with out a donnor chassis.

shit, anything is possible!:thumb:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was only realy intrested in useing the rear springs for a couple of inchs of lift. i have torsion keys for the front and dont realy want to use a add a leaf in the rear. right now all thats done is turned the stock torsion keys up and a longer shackle to leavle it out. looking for 2-3 more inches. it has 30x9.50x15" tires on it now that rub slightly on the fenders when turning. going to trim for that. but want to run a 32" or 33" with a small body lift...

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
the wms to wms is different the zr2 has wider axles

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
has anyone used the rear springs from a zr2 for some lift? i dont like the idea of add-a-leafs... thought about repacking my springs also. but not sure what to use for 3 inchs of lift. i have heard dakota or cherokee springs. not sure what part of the pack to use though...

·
Fuck Cancer
1,948 Posts
i was workin on my cousins zr2 and i believe some if not all of the extra lift is from bigger front leaf hangers. they extend down quite a bit more than mine

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
1,658 Posts
has anyone used the rear springs from a zr2 for some lift? i dont like the idea of add-a-leafs... thought about repacking my springs also. but not sure what to use for 3 inchs of lift. i have heard dakota or cherokee springs. not sure what part of the pack to use though...

I used the 2nd from the top leaf from a late '80's Z71 ext cab S-10 in the spring pack on my '86 XJ. It was good for 3" by itself. I know, not a ZR2, but you get the idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts