Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the chance to buy 2 92 s10 jimmys for 1000.00 both run and drive, one needs a windown regulator, other is fine, both bodys are rusty. one has the digital dash, but keeps clicking on and off, and wont stop, it does the same for the radio, any ideas what it would be? another question is are these full time 4wheel drive? i couldnt see how to get the transfercase in 2hi, the only buttons were for 4hi and 4lo.... any other things that i should look for before closing a deal?

·
Fuck Cancer
1,948 Posts
window regulators are fairly easy, no idea about the dash and i dont believe the blazers came AWD. and do the blazers have the 2.8s or the 4.3?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4.3, i might use one for a dd and sell the other one, they would make great wheelers and dont look to bad

·
Registered
495 Posts
Check the front wheel bearings, axle half-shafts and steering linkage, esp. lower ball joints. Check the torsion bars for clunking. Check the inner front axle shafts at the pig for any up and down play. The 4wd switch tells an elctric motor to engage the transfer case. A vacuum line engages the front axle. The vacuum system id prone to failurenot letting the front axle disngage. The t-case will be back in 2wd, but the front end will be wearing out because the axle isn't disconnected. There is a manual line you can install (posi-lok) to bi-pass the vacuum line if the front end isn't wore out yet. The front end parts aren't cheap, especially if there is front ABS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts