Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
40's baby!
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on Rusty's Offroad parts and service. I have seen mixed reviews on the web.

I am thinking about running their long arm upgrade kit on my TJ, anybody have one installed?

Thanks in advance:thumb:

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
i ran their 3" springs in my xj, they held up pretty well. the 2 thing ive heard to stay away from are their trac bars and adjustable control arms, but besides that i havent heard anything bad

·
Registered
112 Posts
before i know what i know now, i bought the adapter bracket for a cone filter for my YJ, took them a month to send it, then sent me one for a XJ, took another 3 weeks to send me one for my YJ. Bracket worked great, obviously the service blew.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
i sell rustys products and i do so because they are affordable, strong as hell, and overall the suspension articulation and ride quality is sweet.

i have to disagree with the comment about the trac bar and the control arms. i think they are some of the better ones out there for the money.

alot of the complaints you hear about rustys concerning the quality of their products are about the first gen lift products. ill agree the first gen parts were crap. all those problems are now gone because he redesigned his complete line up. now he is on the right track and i have beat the snot out of the several kits i have run. of the 50-60 kits i have installed for my customers the complaints have been minimal.

im not sure its the best but for the price it cant be beat. i sell rustys so if you need a quote just let me know because i can beat the prices on his web site.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,814 Posts
The stuff may not be top quality but for the money its beefy. I've run a few parts and was happy with all of them.
I'm still running your front coils. I'm happy with them, but I think my shocks are shot. :sonicjay:

i ran their 3" springs in my xj, they held up pretty well. the 2 thing ive heard to stay away from are their trac bars and adjustable control arms, but besides that i havent heard anything bad
Best I could ever tell by the people bitching about track bars it was a cheapo TRE on the frame side. I never actually heard of any welds or pipes breaking. If it means anything I'm pretty sure my track bar is either a 1st gen rusty's or a RC trackbar. when I replaced the TRE I went to the Rusty's site and got the info then went and got a moog part using their data. It still preforms great.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They have TERRIBLE customer service. Sold me the wrong ring and pinion, wanted me to pay S&H to return it. After arguing, for 3 days he agreed to do it. Will never deal with him again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.