Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friday I picked up this gem of a TJ for $550, 1997 Jeep Wrangler - $500 SOLD - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest Its a pretty good deal granted it need some work. I took it over to a friends house yesterday and finally got a good look over on it.

First thing first I need a new engine (2.5 4 banger) #4 piston has seen contact with the sparkplus.

Once I get a new engine the next thing is rust repair. I have to replace both rockers and the front floor pans. Once its derusted herculine the inside of the tub and maybe do a cheap paint job.

For the time being this Jeep will be used as a daily driver/light wheeler. Ill get a set of 33's for it, put on some skids and basic bumpers, cheap winch and throw some lockrites in the axles. I wanna keep this Jeep under a $2000 limit. It doesnt need to be built to much as I already have a built 1ton TJ

·
Adrenaline my drug choice
1,045 Posts
Hey isnt that SHARPMACHINE'S jeep?

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I see the love starting already :sonicjay: Im only dicking around with this TJ while im waiting on parts for the other TJ.

I went over to my friends garage and pulled the old motor out today, not overly difficult just dirty.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
X2

Your parents yard must look like a junk yard.
haha, other then the holes in the tub that is the only rust on the whole Jeep. Front fenders are clean, all the body mounts come out just fine, windshield is perfect...

Not really, my Explorer is in the garage, my 78 Cherokee Cheif is parked next to the house with the 88 GMC truck beind it, my boat and my ATV are in the backyard, my White TJ is at a friends garage and the rotten TJ is at my other buddys garage. Only my F-250 and moms Pacifica are parked in the driveway at the moment.

Also the part out value of this TJ is still far more then what I paid for it, so no matter what Im still ahead.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,127 Posts
Not really, my Explorer is in the garage, my 78 Cherokee Cheif is parked next to the house with the 88 GMC truck beind it, my boat and my ATV are in the backyard, my White TJ is at a friends garage and the rotten TJ is at my other buddys garage. Only my F-250 and moms Pacifica are parked in the driveway at the moment.
Maybe you and Kodiak could start rooming together.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just believe in having 1 vehicle for everyday of the week, however I only have 2 that can actually drive right now :sonicjay:

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Think you need a non blow up girlfriend
true, very true

When I saw this thread, I figured you picked up a clean tub for use on your unfinished TJ and were going to package up a worst of the worst build.

Instead you've made it so you've got two rotten tubs.

Nice work. :thumb:
:(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts