Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought about this...I just have gone out. But does anyone know if I should have some sort of permit, sticker or something on my quad?

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't find anything on the web about it either. The only thing I found was a sticker needed for several "parks" in areas of Ontario mostly in the south east that seem to not matter if you are not in the park.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,593 Posts
Tim, contact Ironman. He has run his quad there. I don't know what research he has done.

He is not on line much lately so you should call or email him.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Talk to Grandman, as he's done a lot of talking with the authorities up there on whats legal. Our club has recently done quad runs up there.

·
done haulin
1,327 Posts
Icebreaker88 took mine there and just used the michigan orv sticker on it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hell no, Canada rocks. No offense to you Michiganites, but you have a LOT of assholes here lol. Canada's like Minnesota, everyone's nice :thumb:

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Hell no, Canada rocks. No offense to you Michiganites, but you have a LOT of assholes here lol. Canada's like Minnesota, everyone's nice :thumb:
x2. Don't listen to tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

Woo, can't wait for October when we go up there again..

Seriously, we (the club, not me personally) bring quads every time without problems.

·
Premium Member
8,179 Posts
when we asked, we were told it's like vehicles, no off road permitt is required, and it you are good with the ORV in MI they will recognize that as good there too. Funny though for snow mobiles that is far from the case, they have a high non-residence fee for snow mobiles... :dunno:

there you can legally drive on most roads and the shoulder of most rural highways (but not all)

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
when we asked, we were told it's like vehicles, no off road permitt is required, and it you are good with the ORV in MI they will recognize that as good there too. Funny though for snow mobiles that is far from the case, they have a high non-residence fee for snow mobiles... :dunno:

there you can legally drive on most roads and the shoulder of most rural highways (but not all)

THAT IS HOW IT IS IN ALBERTA:thumb: THEY WERE COOL WITH US WHEN WE WENT:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts