Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 186 Posts

·
throttle jockey
1,656 Posts
Nice. Were you on Drummond last weekend? We were up there from Thursday to Sunday. Ran all the trails and didn't really see another vehicle. I thought it would have been busy on the holiday weekend

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Nice. Were you on Drummond last weekend? We were up there from Thursday to Sunday. Ran all the trails and didn't really see another vehicle. I thought it would have been busy on the holiday weekend
Yep. I was surprised how empty it was too. Kind of nice to have the place to ourselves on a holiday.

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Took the family out to the Sand Dunes here. Had to extend the roll bar back over the rear seat to be legal. Factory cage seems to be made from 1.75x.120 tubing. I sleeved it with 1.5"x.250 tube to attach the new part of the cage. Eventually I'll build a whole new cage once I get further into the build.

It was pretty fun out there. Couldn't make it up any of the big hills, definitely needs more power.

·
Gustafson
9,449 Posts
Looks like a golf cart jeep.
Looks like a lot of fun to me! I would love one of these for up north, but there's no way the wife will go for it with the cost... :(

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Looks like a lot of fun to me! I would love one of these for up north, but there's no way the wife will go for it with the cost... :(
It is a lot of fun even with such little power.

How does it not have enough power? Even my shiturai made it up all the big hills.
I could stall it in first gear, 4 high at full throttle. I hit test hill at 35-40mph and it would die at the top.

I'm not overly concerned though, I didn't buy it for the dunes. There are a few tunes out there now that double the power output.

·
Gustafson
9,449 Posts
It is a lot of fun even with such little power.

I could stall it in first gear, 4 high at full throttle. I hit test hill at 35-40mph and it would die at the top.

I'm not overly concerned though, I didn't buy it for the dunes. There are a few tunes out there now that double the power output.
Wow, yeah I'd say it's a little under powered

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
I saw this thing at the dunes and I have luckily talked myself out of buying one. There are some people doing some pretty cool stuff with these on Facebook. Plus there are tubes that push the torque up to the 300ft/lb range. But at that level I would start to worry about the ba10/Dana 18

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I saw this thing at the dunes and I have luckily talked myself out of buying one. There are some people doing some pretty cool stuff with these on Facebook. Plus there are tubes that push the torque up to the 300ft/lb range. But at that level I would start to worry about the ba10/Dana 18
Meh. Engine, Trans and tcase are all cast iron. Not your normal Jeep ba10. I still don't need that much power either though. I bought it for crawling around and it should be just fine at that.

·
Am i still a Noob?
576 Posts
Took the family out to the Sand Dunes here. Had to extend the roll bar back over the rear seat to be legal. Factory cage seems to be made from 1.75x.120 tubing. I sleeved it with 1.5"x.250 tube to attach the new part of the cage. Eventually I'll build a whole new cage once I get further into the build.

It was pretty fun out there. Couldn't make it up any of the big hills, definitely needs more power.

My tired old CJ doesnt like 4hi 1st gear for the big hills, stalls at the top just like your saying, i use 4lo and 3rd gear and cruise around with no issues,

41 - 60 of 186 Posts