Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend any roofers in Fowlerville area? Looks like a couple of shingles blew off in one of the recent storms and I'm not climbing my ass up on the second story to address it myself .

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,013 Posts
Im having a guy come out this weekend to do some repairs on my 2 story shop. Want me to shoot you his info?

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep! Tried calling someplace local but the phone just rings and rings.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,623 Posts
Any hired job requires at least three guys to stand around and supervise so I'll count you in as one.

i'll be second; and only require $500; but I need per diem and mileage.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,036 Posts
I had some shingles blow off in a wind storm a couple years ago, and got insurance to pay for all new roof. Company covered a grand of my deductible, I paid $400 out of pocket for a $7500 roof.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I had some shingles blow off in a wind storm a couple years ago, and got insurance to pay for all new roof. Company covered a grand of my deductible, I paid $400 out of pocket for a $7500 roof.

And yet people wonder why insurance cost so dam much. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
I had a few blow off as well. I climbed up, slide them back in and nailed them on. I didn't even think the insurance would cover a new roof for that.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,036 Posts
And yet people wonder why insurance cost so dam much. :rolleyes:
Seriously? I have paid tens of thousands more to insurances companies than I have received. Their agent came out and approved it, I'd be stupid not to take advantage. Also homeownwr insurance is very affordable IMO, because you pay your own, and other people not having it doesn't affect you. Car insurance on the other hand, That is outrageous due to half the people in mi driving around without insurance.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So getting conflicting reports, one contractor quoted me 7k to redo the whole roof. The other one said that it'd be roughly $750 to fix the one area that got wind damaged but that it's too small of a job and too far for him to fit into the schedule.

Still looking for someone to do it I guess.... Maybe if I can get Jim on a ladder...

·
Gustafson
9,874 Posts
So getting conflicting reports, one contractor quoted me 7k to redo the whole roof. The other one said that it'd be roughly $750 to fix the one area that got wind damaged but that it's too small of a job and too far for him to fit into the schedule.

Still looking for someone to do it I guess.... Maybe if I can get Jim on a ladder...

Too bad you're so far from me. The guy that did my roof would do your repairs for sure, but he is out of Marine City and I know he will not travel that far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts