Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Insomniac
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rollover accident in Fowlerville

Smart thinking on the farmer's part.

I just heard on the radio that he was driving and the hood came unlatched and flew up into the cab, then he lost control. Also, unfortunately, heard that alcohol was involved. Fucking dumbass.

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
FTFA

A man driving a modified GMC Sonoma truck was critically injured Monday in an accident in which he was flung from the vehicle and it came to rest on top of him, police said.

Police said Todd Prout, 38, was driving a modified truck that was not street-legal eastbound on Mohrle Road near Fowlerville Road in Conway Township when the hood apparently “flew up” and blocked his view at about 4:30 p.m.

“He panicked and locked the brakes,” Sheriff Bob Bezotte said.

The vehicle — which police described as the cab of a 1984 GMC Sonoma placed on top of wheels used for mug-bogging — rolled once, ejecting Prout, who was trapped underneath the vehicle.

Area resident Milo Rohraff used the front-end loader on his tractor to lift the Sonoma off the driver at the crash site, about five miles north of Fowlerville. Attempts to reach Rohraff were unsuccessful Monday night.

A Survival Flight helicopter airlifted Prout to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, where he was listed in critical condition, a hospital spokeswoman said Monday night.

A passenger, identified as Eric Patterson, 32, of Howell, was not injured, Bezotte said.

The sheriff said Prout was not wearing a seat belt, but Patterson was wearing one. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash, Bezotte said.

Contact Daily Press & Argus reporter Lisa Roose-Church at (517) 552-2846 or at [email protected].

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
*waiting for someone to chime in that they know him*

·
Registered
20 Posts
...........ironically enough...that guy lives down the street from me.....although i dont know him personally but i sure know that gmc :tonka:

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,009 Posts
hopefully he aint paralized.

·
Get Up and Go
2,576 Posts
...........ironically enough...that guy lives down the street from me.....although i dont know him personally but i sure know that gmc :tonka:
Are you sure it is the same guy and truck? There is a every similar one parked in the yard of a log house (after fire rebuild) not more than about 100 yds north on Fowlerville rd. from Mohrle rd. Considering it was not street legal and had no plates I would assume the guy did not drive far. From the video it looked like the accident might have been at the intersection just down the road. Course I could be totally wrong.

*waiting for someone to chime in that they know him*

Don't know him, but if it is who I think it is, I drive by and see the truck often.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
um, why would you slam on the brakes? you'd have thought that nobody was that close in front of you on the road and all it merited was slowing down and pulling to the right.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
um, why would you slam on the brakes? you'd have thought that nobody was that close in front of you on the road and all it merited was slowing down and pulling to the right.
agreed, but makes me wonder now how much he had to drink.

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
agreed. I had this happen to me at 70mph on I-69. I calmly slowed down (after I crapped my pants) and merged onto the shoulder while looking out the window.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
agreed. I had this happen to me at 70mph on I-69. I calmly slowed down (after I crapped my pants) and merged onto the shoulder while looking out the window.
X2, on a CJ7.

I was sure glad I had a roll cage, cause it destroyed the windshield frame. Talk about a bunch of excitement! Window glass all over the place, soft top flew off, passenger screaming.. Heh heh heh.. Good times.. :sonicjay:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'll chime in... I know Todd and his family. Sucks to hear this type of news.

·
Insomniac
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X2, on a CJ7.

I was sure glad I had a roll cage, cause it destroyed the windshield frame. Talk about a bunch of excitement! Window glass all over the place, soft top flew off, passenger screaming.. Heh heh heh.. Good times.. :sonicjay:
I was cruising to work in my old CJ5 one day, the windshield hinges cracked. WHACK in the forehead, off the road into a ditch. About knocked me out cold. Went to work, cut a 2x4 and notched it, stuck it between the frame and the rollbar, drove it like that until I sold it.

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
Are you sure it is the same guy and truck? There is a every similar one parked in the yard of a log house (after fire rebuild) not more than about 100 yds north on Fowlerville rd. from Mohrle rd. Considering it was not street legal and had no plates I would assume the guy did not drive far. From the video it looked like the accident might have been at the intersection just down the road. Course I could be totally wrong.

Don't know him, but if it is who I think it is, I drive by and see the truck often.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. I'm guessing you are right.

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
X2, on a CJ7.

excitement or excrement?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts