Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 84 RM125, It will start on the first kick, and runs decent when stopped. I fi rev it in nuetral it will rev pretty good, but as soon as it is under load, it bogs really bad, and won't go over 5 mph. Carb is clean, plug is new. I am running a br9es instead of a br9eg, but that shouldn't matter, at least i don't think it does. Could my reeds be the problem?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
clean the carb again sounds like you have a stuck something or othwer sounds like it running rich and fouling .....what does the plug look like (wet ..brown ..black??????

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Assuming this is the same bike you just put a Magneto/Stator in I have to ask if you checked the timing? Maybe it's not adjustable but if it is I would bet it's advanced too much.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like a worn top end to me.
It had a fresh top end a few years ago, but it has hardly been ran since.

Assuming this is the same bike you just put a Magneto/Stator in I have to ask if you checked the timing? Maybe it's not adjustable but if it is I would bet it's advanced too much.
i put a motor i had sitting in my garage, that came out of a good running bike so Timing should be good, but guess i should check it.

clean the carb again sounds like you have a stuck something or othwer sounds like it running rich and fouling .....what does the plug look like (wet ..brown ..black??????
I didn't pull it since. I'll have to check that

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
I only have one thing to add. if its a OLD factory style exhaust its most likely plugged from oil caked over the holes on the spark arrester. pull the exhaust and stick a garden hose on the engine side and see if water comes out the other end. I bet its barly a trickle.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only have one thing to add. if its a OLD factory style exhaust its most likely plugged from oil caked over the holes on the spark arrester. pull the exhaust and stick a garden hose on the engine side and see if water comes out the other end. I bet its barly a trickle.
Its an aftermarket pipe, but it does have the factory silencer, and a spary spark arrestor on it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
sounds rich to me too, check with the pipe manufacturer and see what they suggest. Most 2 stroke always come way too rich from the factory

1 - 12 of 12 Posts