Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,075 Posts
As much as i don't give a shit about Pontiac, its shitty to see, kinda scary, this state might die soon,

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
It only had the G8 going for it imo, and if it wasn't selling (it would be on my top 5 for a new sedan) it makes sense.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

·
Custom User Title
13 Posts
I think it sucks, but as Boo said, the only thing going for it was the G8 (which is the only 4 door sedan I want)

but then again I am a Pontiac fan at heart, so I would feel that way. but its the same as Oldsmobile when it went...it happens, nothing they can do about it, they aren't making money.

·
Custom User Title
13 Posts
I think it sucks, but as Boo said, the only thing going for it was the G8 (which is the only 4 door sedan I want)

but then again I am a Pontiac fan at heart, so I would feel that way. but its the same as Oldsmobile when it went...it happens, nothing they can do about it, they aren't making money.

·
HOLY CRAP!
425 Posts
I have a GrandPrix and it has been a great car. I would buy another one.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I get turned off by all the plastic they like to tape all over every car they make, especially on the sides. Never really understood that. It was cool in the early 90's, but they didn't know when to stop.

The Sunfire was about the most Ultra-gay car ever made. When I see a male driving one, I automatically assume that he's a pole rider.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,017 Posts
why not ditch Buick instead of Pontiac.

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
why not ditch Buick instead of Pontiac.
1) Old people with money buy Buicks (and then drive really slow and annoy other drivers)
2) The multitudes of Chinese LOVE Buicks
3) GM makes bigger profits per vehicle on Buicks than Pontiac.

Didn't it say Hummer was going bye-bye too?:teehee:

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
Goodby Hummer!
I said this once before just before I said I do.:(

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Yep, Buick sells less here, but more worldwide by a good margin.

Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab, Pontiac.

I think its the right way to go. Pontiac has, what, the G8, G6, G5, Torrent, and then one or two more out of the US (I believe a G3 in mexico).

G6 competes against the malibu, G5 is the cobalt, torrent is the equinox, So really the holden-based G8 is the only that really leaves some holes in the lineup. And the new buick is 4 dr RWD as well.

I thnk they need to shrink the company, and kill brands. Better to smaller and healthy, than large and dead.

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
Yep, Buick sells less here, but more worldwide by a good margin.

Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab, Pontiac.

I think its the right way to go. Pontiac has, what, the G8, G6, G5, Torrent, and then one or two more out of the US (I believe a G3 in mexico).

G6 competes against the malibu, G5 is the cobalt, torrent is the equinox, So really the holden-based G8 is the only that really leaves some holes in the lineup. And the new buick is 4 dr RWD as well.

I thnk they need to shrink the company, and kill brands. Better to smaller and healthy, than large and dead.
=knows what he is talking about

and only 10 years too late.
=wish he knew what he was talking about

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
The Sky is way better looking then the Soltice, good move

The G8 must be incorporated into the mailbu some how.

The rest of the line you can keep.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
I'd rather see them kill either GMC or the Chevy truck lines and offer one brand of trucks with a broader range of options. I don't see as much of a draw to GMC (Yukon, Denali, etc) now that Cadillac has some of the same shit.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts