Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what the parts availability and cost is for mower parts. I am out of state for business, I got a call saying my rider is not working. Its a '94 Yard Machine that I picked up for cheap last summer (so its nothing special). Turns out not working = broke rod and scored the crank. I have to find out if the cyl got scored as well, my fiance couldn't remember exactly what the guy said who looket at it (crazy friend of the family). So what is the cost effective thing to do? Replace the crank & rod, try a machine shop to repair the crank, find a different motor, or just start looking for a different mower?

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Find a different motor. Preferably one with more hp and/or nitrous. YOu either mow a lawn or you MOW A LAWN :naughty:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I agree, not worth putting any money into rebuilding the motor on it or putting another on it. I would look for a used motor cheap or a new or used mower.

·
Jeeper
302 Posts
I would not put ANY money into it. Yard Machines are junk. I sell them, and we have had an awful problem this year with any MTD product (Yard Machines, Cub Cadet, etc). Buy a Deere. I have a LA140, and 120 for sale.

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
I've had a MTD before. They're disposable due to shitty build quality, shitty parts and just being junk.. I wouldn't waste the energy, let alone any time fixing it.

find an old Wheel Horse or something like that. So many people are financially screwed right now, you should be able to score something cheap.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kind of figured it wouldn't be worth fixing. Figured I'd ask anyway incase parts were cheap or motors were easy to come by.

I would not put ANY money into it. Yard Machines are junk. I sell them, and we have had an awful problem this year with any MTD product (Yard Machines, Cub Cadet, etc). Buy a Deere. I have a LA140, and 120 for sale.
Do you have info on them? I assume they are used?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts