Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
RIP 2-15 12:20 AM
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont they have to leave papers when they repo your shit?.... my jeep just got repo'd at 12:20AM and didnt leave any papers or anything,what a shitty thing for 2009

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Dont they have to leave papers when they repo your shit?.... my jeep just got repo'd at 12:20AM and didnt leave any papers or anything,what a shitty thing for 2009
no not at all normally you know it is comeing and just say oh well. If not you report it stolen and call the cops. Some will come to the door and ask you for the keys and ask if you want any personal stuff out of it. But once they take it every thing in it belongs to them. It sucks sorry to hear it.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,159 Posts
no not at all normally you know it is comeing and just say oh well. If not you report it stolen and call the cops. Some will come to the door and ask you for the keys and ask if you want any personal stuff out of it. But once they take it every thing in it belongs to them. It sucks sorry to hear it.

I don't think they can lay claim to everything in it, but anything installed like after market parts go with the vehicle.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I don't think they can lay claim to everything in it, but anything installed like after market parts go with the vehicle.
if they want to be "nice" they can give your personal stuff back books cds and such but do not have to. At lest it was when I was doing it 10 years ago..... Found it was easier to back the truck up to it then ask for the keys. from the owner if they were around. Sometimes it worked some times it did not. If they hid just took it and screw them.

·
Is actually 95ZJTIM
727 Posts
hey Fuck you flatflender, who are you to judge one when you dont know a damn thing you stupid prick, I'm his brother, the one WHO SMOKES POT you dumbass, get your facts straight before you try to say something

·
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as far as i know my payments where up to date, i had it through my dads name and he was just up there last week and made a payment and they didnt make 1 claim or say anything about repo'in it... and FAGFENDER you can go fuck yourself becuase i can piss clean and dont smoke or drink ask any of my friends im pretty much a straight guy and dont do anything ilegal go to another thread and fill it up with garbage im trying to get some answers... i hope i can get my stuff out i had my college books in there that i actually had homework to get done by this weekend... guess it dont matter now, all i heard was the truck start up and i go to the door and see my jeep getting backed into the street and some guy lookin figure behind the wheel, didnt even come to the door or turn the lights on just drove off. sucks to see your prized possesion drive away knowing you had so much time,money,effort into just to go to waste... i bet i looked like an idiot running down the street trying to chase them down lol

·
Is actually 95ZJTIM
727 Posts
just so everyone knows, he's been paying it and last we knew we still owed $1700 on it, still making the payments we've baught cars from this place before so its not like they dont know us, he never received any papers or claims the jeep was going to get repo'd this happened just tonight, mind you valentines day around 12:30 so obviously its a REPO but no papers to be showed or phone calls and my dad was at the car lot friday talked to them in person they never once said "hey you are aware that your jeep is about to get repo'd" nope not once, I knew 2009 would be teh shit year

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
So, if you are on time with your payments, why are you so certain it was repo'd?
By the way, I'll let you know how it works when they come get mine in the very near future...

·
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah as i was running down the street the guy was driving off in a fullsize with a boom thing in the back of the truck and the front of the jeep lifted in the air with the flashers on, and my window wasnt broke and i locked my jeep after i got out, both sets of keys were in the house... i called the cops and reported it stolen as i saw it getting backed into the road and a little bit later the cop came back and said it was repo'd and i guess gave my father the info on who took it and what company or something i guess

·
Is actually 95ZJTIM
727 Posts
anybody ever recover a repo'd vehicle? what i mean is how much are we lookin at to get it back? double what we owe?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sounds like its time to talk to dad if it was in his name and he was the one handling the payments.

·
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like its time to talk to dad if it was in his name and he was the one handling the payments.
i dunno, i dont really see my dad screwin me over but then again none of this is really making any sense.. as far as i know i was up to date with my payments and didnt get any letters in the mail... this just sucks soo bad, the jeep was pretty much the only thing i had

1 - 20 of 278 Posts