Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long shot here, but you all have helped me out in the past. Have a trip to Windrock on the 12th and a buddy just picked up his first jeep. Unfortunately my trailer won't fit my TJ and a JKU, so I was hoping someone might be willing to let me borrow theirs?

Ideally I was hoping to find a 30' gooseneck/fifth wheel. I have the ability to tow anything so I am open to suggestions. Can rent it from you if you'd prefer cash to exchange hands. Just figured I'd see what's out there.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Skymaster
2,537 Posts
I rented a 32' 25k pj gooseneck from a guy named Charlie in South lyon 2 months ago. Worked out great and it was $100 a day cash. His number is 2487563762

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So have a trip coming up in April. Hoping to find someone with a 30'-36' trailer that would be willing to rent it to me from April 6th - 10th.

Going to Windrock as I just finished up the LS swap in my TJ.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,067 Posts
Was Charlie no longer available? Get a 3 jeep trailer so you can tow mine down there as well with Johns :)

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds like you shoulda bought it
I actually offered, unfortunately my timing was off and he wasn't selling it at that time. I am considering buying one but the prices sure seem to have sky rocketed. I have to do some mental negotiations to tell myself that this is just what things cost now.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,762 Posts
My 2015 Kaufman 26' with dual 7k axles was under $6k. I'm guessing it would be 10-12 now and would do the job. Why spend more and haul more than you need?

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gonna go take a look at 25+5 14GN this morning. Needs some work but I think it might work. Guys asking $5k.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well... Apparently using a tape measure is hard... Was a 20+5

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,067 Posts
My 2015 Kaufman 26' with dual 7k axles was under $6k. I'm guessing it would be 10-12 now and would do the job. Why spend more and haul more than you need?

That seems to be the going rate for a 30'. You will find a few for 7-8k, but unless you are there within 10 mins, it sells.

·
Registered
578 Posts
That's suspiciously cheap. Any reviews on em anywhere?
Only reviews I seen was from like 10 years ago. Back then people said they were owned by Kauffman but I don’t believe that is true now. People also complained of x members being to far apart. Looks like all those issues were fixed. I seen a ton of em being pulled down the highway, I’m going to go contractor grade, there was a review on here from long time ago pj trailers vs appalachian trailers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 24 Posts