Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a while since I have done any substantial work on my Jeep. The body work needed some love, and it's got some issues offroad (and on) that I want to take care of.

I started this week on mostly cosmetic stuff.

Here is my Jeep last month... you can see some of the Renegade stuff is pretty beat up/falling off.

So Mike and I did a kind of weird flat fender, polyurethane morph structure. I've got some mixed opinions on the rad hoop, but honestly I just wanted to see if I could bend it on the first try :sonicjay: I did, and I personally like the way it looks.

On to the fenders. I wanted to do something that didn't look hack, stopped my problem with cracking the front of the fenders, but still kept the overall Renegade **** flair. I started cutting, and Mike came up with this idea.

We did what we could with the lines of the fenders and tube, I love most parts of what came out :sonicjay:

Then I pulled off all the Rene flares, cleaned them up; cleaned my rock destroyed, rusty tub; and re-attached everything with coated button heads.

As far as performance stuff this week... not a ton. I finally installed and plumbed the fuel cell I have had sitting around for a year. But I still need to build some tank straps to secure it better for what we do. For the first time in 5 years I now have a working fuel gauge :woot:

I also Auto Armored the dash, cleaned and clear coated my killer shift knob (thanks for the Toy pinion Brian), and Mike made me a new GPS mount.

For the pig gig I replace my broken stub shaft, and rewelded my broken rear caliper mount.

Next week I will probably start the rear stretch (4-5") and I may center my rear 44 for some more street friendly driveline angles :thumb:

·
Chillin with the top off.
4,891 Posts
Nice pinion gear shift lever..

·
535 Posts
Cool, I like the rad hoop. I want one just like it for my Rubi. Fenders came out good also, you guys blended them in very nice.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
I made a nice addition to Daryl's build up, but it is very subtle. It is the little things that make his rene really gheyed. Anyone spot it yet?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts