Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going on saturday? The girlfriend wants to go. I didn't really like it last time I was there but, eh.

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow..... Its the Celtic heritage Days..... plus they are have a Bagpipe competition at 1:30.... that'll be cool!

It's all what you make it out to be.... if you go with the right people its a blast!

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow..... Its the Celtic heritage Days..... plus they are have a Bagpipe competition at 1:30.... that'll be cool!

It's all what you make it out to be.... if you go with the right people its a blast!
I went a few weeks ago, during the Beer weekend! It can be a lot of fun with the right folks, and knowing what you want to see and enjoy. the bagpipes would be awsome!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My girlfriend must not be the "right person".

Although, last time we took our sisters, so we had to make sure they had fun.

And we had them put in jail. They didn't like us after that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I love the Festival and have gone every year for as long as I can remember and am really bummed that this year it can't happen. :( Definitely need the right people with you when you go; if you don't bring them, meet some new ones there! Have a Guinness for me. :brilliant

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
My girlfriend must not be the "right person".

Although, last time we took our sisters, so we had to make sure they had fun.

And we had them put in jail. They didn't like us after that.
I wouldn't like you any more either!

·
Yooper In Training
7,261 Posts
I used to always go when I was little and loved it. I went again 2 weeks ago with some friends and it was still a damn good time. I'm far from one of those people who gets into it, but it's still entertaining. Go see some of the comedy acts....they're really good. I always loved the Dead Bob Show, and actually ended up in a Zuchini Brothers show when I was 8 or so.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Zucchini Brothers are hilarious. And you can always enter the "Press-A-Wench" contest. If you like men in tights and / or women with lots of cleavage (and sometimes even more) showing, then you just need to go for the sights. The food is awesome, too. :thumb:

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Went last week. Saw Brewmenn jousting. :tonka: Drank some Strongbow. and some Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. And some Guiness. And some Harp's.

Go early and start drinking right away. It makes it more worthwhile if you can catch all the bigger shows.

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Do they still have the guy who you can throw tomatos at? Boy, is he good at pissing people off!! :sonicjay:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do they still have the guy who you can throw tomatos at? Boy, is he good at pissing people off!! :sonicjay:
They did a few years ago. Yeah, he is a hoot. I could stand there all day and listen to him.

I guess we are going on Sunday now, not saturday.

·
nothing original here
342 Posts
Anybody going on saturday? The girlfriend wants to go. I didn't really like it last time I was there but, eh.
so wait...you will go to the festival, but won't come wheeling with us for a few days???

j/k, i went a few times when i lived in okemos, it can be a lot of fun, and i really did enjoy the scenery :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so wait...you will go to the festival, but won't come wheeling with us for a few days???

j/k, i went a few times when i lived in okemos, it can be a lot of fun, and i really did enjoy the scenery :beer: :beer:
I am not gonna drive my gas sucking XJ so there is a lot of savings. Plus, no overnight accomidations needed.

When are you moving again?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts