Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a pain to remove the heating components in a YJ? The fan has always made a horrible/obnoxious ticking noise since I got it. Plus I would like to remove it all so I can paint all the way to the cowl.

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
to be honest it kinda sucks i pulled my dash it made the whole process A LOT easier. no i got me one of those fancy mojave heaters :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Yeah I took mine out 6 months ago to replace the heater core. I will replace it by next summer if I get some help.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about just taking it out and leaving it that way since I don't drive it in the winter. Would clear up a great deal of room under there and make my wire routing much easier! Plus I would probably than route my intake through the firewall.

the control box that sites next to the radio has been gone for a year and I put a plate with switches.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
It is a little pain, try not to break the clips on the control cables because then are nearly impossible to replace should you decide to put it back in. If you only drive it in the summer and are worried about fogging window, look in to a fan like on a school bus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts