Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in the GR area is a good place to buy and have a remote car starter installed?

I'm not opposed to buying one online, but I don't want to install it myself. Any good starter kits that you've used or know about? Don't need keyless entre, i'd just rather have a remote kit

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got mine done at mickey shorr and I'm happy with it, seems to work well. Be warned they normally charge more than the advertised price on the website though.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got mine done at mickey shorr and I'm happy with it, seems to work well. Be warned they normally charge more than the advertised price on the website though.
Figures that I posted this thread about 20 minutes before I ordered exactly what I was looking for. I found a plug and play kit from flash logic. Did some searching and was glad I did; almost all of the kits you buy still need to be taken to a shop have them programmed. I got the kit off of egay programmed for my vehicle. Works with the stock key fob, and you can get an extender kit for extra range.

Who are you and how do you have access to wave crushers account you stupid mfer?!!!!!!
I'm the guy that typed in the correct password for the account?????

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I bought, says they program it for your vehicle. I found the kit online for $69 plus shipping, but it is not programmed. I figured a shop would charge at least $50 for programming (I was not going to try doing it myself), so that plus me driving, probably to grand rapids, seemed like the cost would be about the same.

Went for a gamble. Well see how it turns out; remote start kit should be here monday. I may buy the extender kit for it, but i'll wait for that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111502701204?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
676 Posts
I put that same system on my dart. It works great but half of the time when I get in the car and hit the brakes it shuts off and I have to restart it with the key.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
I put that same system on my dart. It works great but half of the time when I get in the car and hit the brakes it shuts off and I have to restart it with the key.
our focus would do that with the factory remote start. The dealer fiddled with it and was able to re-program it, apparently that was an option on ours. Yours may be the same? I do realize yours is aftermarket.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Attempted to install it yesterday, it didn't work. I believe I have not installed or programmed it correctly though. I followed the shitty directions that came with it, and they were not very detailed. Downloaded the install guide right from flashlogic and there is a few steps that is not mentioned in the other guide. I either have to splice a couple wires or cut one wire, depends on when my wire harness would manufactured.

I'll report back when/if it works.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally had the snowy/rainy weather break, and went to work on installing the remote start.

Had to call tech support cause the directions didn't say exactly what wires needed to be spliced. A quick call and the guy sent me the step by step with pictars.

Now, it works perfectly. Heard some reviews that it doesn't work in the cold, but it's about 24 out right now, so we'll see tmrw and monday when it's 10 +/-

As of right now, I would recommend this product to anyone with a Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge. Buy it from ebay and it comes programmed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts