Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Red neck limo. A 2000 excursion over haul

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  cj7on44's 
#1 ·
My kids and buddies call my excursion the ******* limo. I bought it 2 years ago guy thought the v10 was on its way out but it was just low on oil. It had 225,000 miles and I paid $2500 for it supposedly only been in michigan for 2 years before I got it. Said to have came from California. I cut the cat off and got $900 back. Did a oil change and have been driving it for 2 years.

This is what it looked like when I bought it
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

See less See more
#2 ·
I put some 35’s on it then lifted it shortly after buying because the rear leafs were broke.

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Land vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Fender Gas

Wheel Cloud Car Tire Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Sky

I drove it like this for the last 2 years and 30,000 miles.
I recently bought a complete parts truck with 120,000 v10 and pulled it to put in the corner for when I need it.

Last night 1-17-23 I picked up a 2008 f250 with a hurt 6.4 that I will be parting out and keeping parts to swap over to my excursion. Front clip suspension and axles to name a few.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#16 ·
Pulled this in the shop Friday evening around 7 pm and had it stripped by 8:30.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Saturday by buddy’s came over and we picked up where I left off. First we did a leveling kit on my brother in laws 2021 f150 and some new 35’s then cut the front off my excursion at about 6pm. We ended up chopping up the factory 2000 core support and the 2008 core support and combining them. I’m super happy with the way it all turned out. I have no spacers under and of the fenders currently my door gaps and hood gaps look great as well as my body lines. We were mostly done with panel fitment my 11:30. Sunday I finished mounting things like the starter solenoid air box ect on Sunday and fit the front bumper. Over all I didn’t spend that much time on it and the results are great in my opinion.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Tread Wheel Road surface

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.