Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a very cheap tablet that can support GPS. Must be able to support google play. Don't have many other requirements other than that.

considering a used galaxy at this point.

Everything on Amazon has hit or miss reviews, even the galaxy.

The Dragons have good reviews online and in forums not on amazon. Anyone have one?
https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch-V10-800x1280-Bluetooth/dp/B07D11SNZ3/ref=sr_1_25_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529937139&sr=1-25-spons&keywords=tablet+gps&psc=1

Ready set go.

·
Old School
33,019 Posts
I wish the Amazon Fire had GPS. It's a fantastic tablet otherwise. I have a Lenovo tablet that is a few years old that is holding up well, and has GPS. It was about $200.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish the Amazon Fire had GPS. It's a fantastic tablet otherwise. I have a Lenovo tablet that is a few years old that is holding up well, and has GPS. It was about $200.
We have a cheap fire. Do you have a way to use google play on it?

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
honestly that is perfect. I'm an Asus fan as well but didnt notice that model had GPS

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts
Amazon didn't say it, but when I went to Asus's page to see if there was an up-level model I found that unit did have it.

So what's the plan? GPS for boat?

I keep wondering if I should just use a tablet like that for gauges and navigation in the buggy.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazon didn't say it, but when I went to Asus's page to see if there was an up-level model I found that unit did have it.

So what's the plan? GPS for boat?

I keep wondering if I should just use a tablet like that for gauges and navigation in the buggy.
I need a tablet, I might as well get one that will double for light GPS usage. Most reviews say they aren't bright enough for usage in the sun, so it won't go in the boat. But will be useful as a GPS that can go in a backpack for day adventures

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,106 Posts
I have a Samsung 7" that I got for $50 as an adder to a cell phone package. I've been using it 3-4 years with several gps apps. Seems pretty decent in the Jeep.

My biggest problem is that I'm a tech dumbass and struggle with downloading maps to the right spot, saving tracks etc. gets frustrating.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts
Maybe I'll see how my current tablet looks in similar conditions to see if the brightness is an issue.

I do plan to have a tin roof, so hopefully most of the time there's some shade. For the rest of the time, I'll have to see if my hand can provide enough shade to make it readable.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ordered that Asus. Will be here tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts