Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess she got the ball rolling.

https://www.recallmichigan.com/

Recall Whitmer is organized by Guarding Against Government Excess to recall Governor Gretchen Whitmer due to her failure to adequately serve the best interests of Michigan Citizens.-

We are following the proper channels to collect the necessary signatures required to place the recall on the 2020 ballot.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
She is out of her league. I have a friend that works in lansing at the capital building and he tells me that they are in chaos over there and has been since she took over.
Hopefully there will be enough signatures to remover her from office. Just from the FB pages I have seen they have received up to 250 thousand signatures which seems to have enough interest to start the ball rolling.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
She is out of her league. I have a friend that works in lansing at the capital building and he tells me that they are in chaos over there and has been since she took over.
Hopefully there will be enough signatures to remover her from office. Just from the FB pages I have seen they have received up to 250 thousand signatures which seems to have enough interest to start the ball rolling.
Obviously you didn't read the link. They are still a month away from starting to gather signatures. :fish:

Michigan law has very strict requirements to recall an elected official. Public Act 116 of 1954, as amended, requires written signatures on a form prescribed by the Michigan Secretary of State, using language approved by the Michigan Board of Canvassers. While the online petition you may have signed sends a message to Governor Whitmer, it does nothing more. The only way to recall Governor Whitmer is to go through the official process.

They are still looking for volunteers.

We are at least a month away from being ready to collect signatures, but we will need all the help we can get!
If you are interested in collecting signatures on the recall petition, contact us via the form below.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
I see it as a good thing, not necessarily because I think Whitmer is buffoon, but this is the first time in a long time that someone actually used some brainpower and said "lets get shit done right"

Rather than some pussy, BS online petition, that means absolutely nothing.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see it as a good thing, not necessarily because I think Whitmer is buffoon, but this is the first time in a long time that someone actually used some brainpower and said "lets get shit done right"

Rather than some pussy, BS online petition, that means absolutely nothing.
I think she is a buffoon.
She is in office because small minded state republiicans wouldn’t legalize pot six months before an election.
She and the state would have been far better served if she would have appointed an Incident Commander, Information Officer and took a step back. She wants to be the face of any success, instead she is the ass of all the failures.
She is in way over her head. What is worse is HER HANDLERS are in over their heads.

Did everyone like the fake cough into the sleeve and the impish grin when she pulled it off?

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Obviously you didn't read the link. They are still a month away from starting to gather signatures. :fish:

Michigan law has very strict requirements to recall an elected official. Public Act 116 of 1954, as amended, requires written signatures on a form prescribed by the Michigan Secretary of State, using language approved by the Michigan Board of Canvassers. While the online petition you may have signed sends a message to Governor Whitmer, it does nothing more. The only way to recall Governor Whitmer is to go through the official process.

They are still looking for volunteers.

We are at least a month away from being ready to collect signatures, but we will need all the help we can get!
If you are interested in collecting signatures on the recall petition, contact us via the form below.
I read the link. What I was referring to was what I saw on FB that those were not official signatures but people clicking on the, "sign the petition".
A facebook post is not an official petition to remove her from office, I get that.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
I read the link. What I was referring to was what I saw on FB that those were not official signatures but people clicking on the, "sign the petition".
A facebook post is not an official petition to remove her from office, I get that.
Signing an online petition is a lot different signing something in person, on physical paper.

I'd be surprised is a real petition sees 25% of those signature numbers.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts
Nope, she won't. He is right, clicking on a facebook link is far different than hunting down a petition to sign.
Agreed. She has greater chance of being on Biden ticket.

Once things start to open and people have something to do, it will quiet down. Some will still call for it, but others will be too busy working.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
So you're thinking she will not be recalled?
Fawk no. In this country's history only two governors have ever been successfully recalled, for bigger reasons that not allowing people to use motorized boats.

I will not be sad if she is, and then kicked out of office, but I don't it will happen.

·
Grumpy Grampa
2,435 Posts
From what I understand there has already been a petition filed with the board of canvassers to start the recall petition. Can't remember where I saw it. Wished I would have copied the information in the petition to share.

Will it go anywhere? I don't know. I know there are enough people upset over the way the governor has handled this.

I know many small business owners are hurting and are very worried they may not have businesses to come back to after this.

I for one am sick of trying to get through to unemployment to find out what my nonmonetary issue is and how to resolve it. Filed on March 26th and have yet to receive a dime.

If a legit petition for recall were presented to me I would sign it in a heartbeat.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
From what I understand there has already been a petition filed with the board of canvassers to start the recall petition. Can't remember where I saw it. Wished I would have copied the information in the petition to share.

Will it go anywhere? I don't know. I know there are enough people upset over the way the governor has handled this.

I know many small business owners are hurting and are very worried they may not have businesses to come back to after this.

I for one am sick of trying to get through to unemployment to find out what my nonmonetary issue is and how to resolve it. Filed on March 26th and have yet to receive a dime.

If a legit petition for recall were presented to me I would sign it in a heartbeat.
I questioned that a lot, though I am lucky enough to not have to worry about unemployment yet.

Places keep saying "oh file for unemployment" and FB is all abuzz about people making "X" amount of money more now....except I wonder how long it'll take for any unemployment to actually kick in.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Fawk no. In this country's history only two governors have ever been successfully recalled, for bigger reasons that not allowing people to use motorized boats.

I will not be sad if she is, and then kicked out of office, but I don't it will happen.
If she continues with her draconian harsh crack down on what we can buy and what we can't buy, where we can go and where we can't go, like a second home if we have one to go to. It's her need to control the people. Like she said today if you want to get back to work, stay at home. Its like a threat to a child.
If people let these controls go, what's next? Forced vaccines for people and then kids and then what kinds of vaccines.
The next Lansing protest rally is scheduled for May 4th as far as what I have heard.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
If she continues with her draconian harsh crack down on what we can buy and what we can't buy, where we can go and where we can't go, like a second home if we have one to go to. It's her need to control the people. Like she said today if you want to get back to work, stay at home. Its like a threat to a child.
If people let these controls go, what's next? Forced vaccines for people and then kids and then what kinds of vaccines.
The next Lansing protest rally is scheduled for May 4th as far as what I have heard.
I agree with this one, whole heartily. People deciding to travel up to their "second homes" is the major cause of spread to the north.

The claim that she is telling people what they can and cannot buy is false. She is telling large, retail stores what they cannot sell. The major thing that seems to always be left out is WHY. Which is to keep people from going to a large retail store, with lots of people, just to buy something unnecessary.

I admit, I was one to cry fowl when I first read about it, but then you actually look at what was said, and why, and I rethought my position and, while not totally agreeing with it, nor likening it; it's necessary. You can still get all those items at smaller stores, so nothing is "barred" from people.

So to me, the whole recall effort is for nothing, at least on the basis of what people are claiming. Doesn't change why shitmer is doing what she is doing, nor does it change how she just dumps everything on at once, with no regard to public opinion or being "tactful".

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
I agree with this one, whole heartily. People deciding to travel up to their "second homes" is the major cause of spread to the north.

The claim that she is telling people what they can and cannot buy is false. She is telling large, retail stores what they cannot sell. The major thing that seems to always be left out is WHY. Which is to keep people from going to a large retail store, with lots of people, just to buy something unnecessary.

I admit, I was one to cry fowl when I first read about it, but then you actually look at what was said, and why, and I rethought my position and, while not totally agreeing with it, nor likening it; it's necessary. You can still get all those items at smaller stores, so nothing is "barred" from people.

So to me, the whole recall effort is for nothing, at least on the basis of what people are claiming. Doesn't change why shitmer is doing what she is doing, nor does it change how she just dumps everything on at once, with no regard to public opinion or being "tactful".
You can still obviously purchase things online too... As an example, I ordered fertilizer directly from Scotts, shipping was free.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts

I heard a bit about how a study was done I think in cali and they found that 80 percent of the people in the study had the antibody and did not even know they had it or were sick.
Stanford did a study and found that the way this virus is spreading is that the way we are shutting everything down is only prolonging the virus. It will come back the next season. Then what?

·
Because I Said So...
1,081 Posts
I heard a bit about how a study was done I think in cali and they found that 80 percent of the people in the study had the antibody and did not even know they had it or were sick.
Stanford did a study and found that the way this virus is spreading is that the way we are shutting everything down is only prolonging the virus. It will come back the next season. Then what?
Link to the Stanford study?

:chauncy:

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
Link to the Stanford study?

:chauncy:
Don't know about the stanford study, but there are several articles that have similar information about it.

However, the study is from one county in LA, CA and was only like 3,000 people. The numbers are intriguing though

https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody-testing-results-covid-19-infections-los-angeles-county/

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-antibodies-widespread-in-santa-clara.html

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-20/coronavirus-serology-testing-la-county

1 - 20 of 49 Posts