Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone on here who reads as a hobby? People seem very suprised when they find out that I read. Anyone read anything good lately? Maybe we should start a GL4x4 Book Club.:sonicjay:

And no BDR, we are not talking about romance novels. :tonka:

·
Registered
31 Posts
FlamesFearMe, I love too read, but college doesn't really lend itself to the kind of things I want to read. Good books though "Retween a Rock and Hard Place." It's a memoir by Aron Ralston. The guy was mountaineering when a rock fell on his right arm and after 6 days he cut it off and walked out. Good Book!

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FlamesFearMe, I love too read, but college doesn't really lend itself to the kind of things I want to read. Good books though "Retween a Rock and Hard Place." It's a memoir by Aron Ralston. The guy was mountaineering when a rock fell on his right arm and after 6 days he cut it off and walked out. Good Book!
How did I know that a chick would be the first response!:sonicjay:

I have heard about it, but memiors don't do a whole lot for me. I read through all of the forensic and sociology section at B&N a couple years ago, and my father in law turnmed me on to a John Sandford novel. I have been chewing through a book a week since then.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
I just read "Blue Blood".

True story about a cop dealing with NYC corruption. It's a good one.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
I read a lot of war strategy books and tons of history books. I'm kinda boring :sonicjay:

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I cannot beleive it took so long. You people are getting slow. :sonicjay:
I really hate reading, really, just because i get wayy to distracted if there's noise or dead silence. I need like... birds chirping or slow jazz playing or any music with no vocals. I just can't focus long enough to read. Props to those of you who can.

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read ALOT

I like murder mystery type books, James Patterson, Jonathan Kellerman, Sue Grafton etc
That is what I am talking about.

The wife is out at B&N right now, picking up, a John Sanford, a Tess Gerritsen, a Thomas O'Callaghan, and an Alex Kava for me. I like those types of books as well. JP and JK our on my list, but I have not yet started them, I have a couple of other series I want to finish up first.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Historical fiction, like William Martin.
Or, real history. Just got done reading Savage Kingdom about Jamestown settlement. Now Im into Ben Franklins autobiography.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
My wife yells at me for buying too many books.

I normally travel out of town at least twice a month = 4 flights, and I average about a novel a flight

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
have you read any of the robert jordan novels? he just passes away 2 weeks ago without finishing the series!!! we will have to see how that plays out.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts