Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my stepdad picked up a 94 ranger 3.0L that was rolled so we were going t part it because the guy we got it from said the motor was bad. So the other day when I pushed the truck in to start tearing it apart I asked what was wrong with the motor and My stepdad said that the guy said it was bad that it was spitting oil out the exhaust, so I put an alt. and hooked a battery up and started it up. It runs fine and only spit a little oil out and then stopped.

Since the truck rolled I'm thinking that the oil was from the motor being upside down. Am I correct in thinking that the motor should be fine now that we ran the oil out of it from being rolled?

·
Well versed in TTB
32 Posts
Sounds quite possible. It's quite common for vehicles that are rolled to have oil tied up in the cylinders. I'll be dollars to donuts he tried to fire it up rite after flipping it back on it's wheels and found it wouldn't turn over (hydro locked). Odds are, if you change the air filter and plugs, change the engine oil and filter... it's a good runner. After all, it had to be running to flip... rite???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.