Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
66021 - 66040 of 66059 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Been trying to read up on them recently. Wanting to buy one to learn on and maybe make products down the road. Could use the tax write off as well.
I currently have 3 Ender 3's at home.

Even bought one for here at the office we use to rapid prototype gages and fixturing before having steel cut. The argument here was a 400 printer can't possibly come out of the box and simply work, needs to be 4,000... Told them if it doesn't, I'll buy it myself at full cost.

It came out of the box and has worked flawlessly for a month for them lol. We've printed thousands of dollors of stuff we'd normally have wire burned and be stuck with a flawed design. Now we print it, try it, tweak it, until it's exactly what we want, then have it burnt.

I wouldn't attempt mass production with one, cheaper to just injection mold stuff if you're trying to make 10,000.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
6,003 Posts
I use Autocad at work, Fusion 360 at home. Anything you're comfortable with that can output an STL file is what you need.

Cura is the interface to the printer that turns an STL into M and G code for the printer.
Do you have the hobby level fusion, or a payed subscription? Unfortunately, this will be a huge learning curve for me. And, I do not currently own any cad cam software. :(

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Do you have the hobby level fusion, or a payed subscription? Unfortunately, this will be a huge learning curve for me. And, I do not currently own any cad cam software. :(
Hobby Fusion will do everything you need it to to make widgets and try stuff out, I use the same on my plasma table. It's free.

Cura, the slicer is also free.

This is a little thing I printed today, to index off that bump in this coil tower, to check my hole measurements before I burn an expensive piece of 3/8 incorrectly. And I missed one lol. I'll throw out .03 in plastic here and get it right.

Gadget Bumper Rim Electronic device Gas

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4 1996 F150 4x4 4.9
13,227 Posts
Cell phone insurance Is a rip off. $8.99/month and a $250 deductive on a $1200 phone. That is the equivalent of $375/month and a $10,000 deductive on a new half ton.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,656 Posts
Cell phone insurance Is a rip off. $8.99/month and a $250 deductive on a $1200 phone. That is the equivalent of $375/month and a $10,000 deductive on a new half ton.
Some credit cards offer it as a benefit free of charge. My Amex card covers my phones as long as I pay the bill with it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,384 Posts
I don't think i've ever had cell phone insurance. I have been on Verizon month to month plan since....A while anyway, not sure how long. I buy a refurbished phone when my current ones breaks and pay $25.00 a month. Until such a time that I have money falling out of my pockets; i'll never make a phone payment or spend more than a couple hundred on said phone

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I really don't enjoy the holidays and my wife doesn't understand why. The holidays always turn in to a huge pain the ass because you have to run here to see these people, then run the opposite direction to see these other people, then run to see these other people. Most of those people you haven't seen since last Christmas and at Thanksgiving you will see in less than a month before they disappear until the holidays next year. We don't get time for ourselves or a chance to relax, instead we run all over so we can make small talk with people I don't care to see.

Now we have a 5 month old daughter and wife still doesn't understand why I refuse to go see her family that is coming in this afternoon from Marquette at her mom's house. We will see them Thursday and again before they head back home. I don't want to deal with a fussy infant tonight because we stayed out too late to turn around and go back to her mom's house tomorrow to see them again so we can deal with a fussy and over stimulated infant again tomorrow night.

She wants to start a Christmas tradition for our little family this year ( I am all for this as I love spending time with my girls) but I don't know when she thinks we will have time to do that. Christmas Eve is with my dad's family, Christmas Morning is with her mom, Christmas afternoon is with her dad and his side of the family, Christmas evening is with my mom's side of the family. We will spend 2 hours on the road on Christmas day if they are clear and not snow covered.

·
Yooper In Training
7,616 Posts
I really don't enjoy the holidays and my wife doesn't understand why. The holidays always turn in to a huge pain the ass because you have to run here to see these people, then run the opposite direction to see these other people, then run to see these other people. Most of those people you haven't seen since last Christmas and at Thanksgiving you will see in less than a month before they disappear until the holidays next year. We don't get time for ourselves or a chance to relax, instead we run all over so we can make small talk with people I don't care to see.

Now we have a 5 month old daughter and wife still doesn't understand why I refuse to go see her family that is coming in this afternoon from Marquette at her mom's house. We will see them Thursday and again before they head back home. I don't want to deal with a fussy infant tonight because we stayed out too late to turn around and go back to her mom's house tomorrow to see them again so we can deal with a fussy and over stimulated infant again tomorrow night.

She wants to start a Christmas tradition for our little family this year ( I am all for this as I love spending time with my girls) but I don't know when she thinks we will have time to do that. Christmas Eve is with my dad's family, Christmas Morning is with her mom, Christmas afternoon is with her dad and his side of the family, Christmas evening is with my mom's side of the family. We will spend 2 hours on the road on Christmas day if they are clear and not snow covered.
I hear you on all of that, I hate having to do that so we've gradually been setting ourselves up as the "hub" for most of the gatherings. Not all but most. Entertaining is a lot of work too, but neither of us mind doing it. Plus they're usually a potluck so it's not too bad. I have a very small family so that part is easy, my wife has a large family most of whom live 90 minutes away. We usually end up having to drive out to them either before or after Christmas for their big family gathering but this year it's at our house too.

Regardless, the holidays are going to suck bad for us this year. Coming up on 6 months since we lost our 4 year old daughter so we're going through a lot of horrible firsts this season. I usually love the holidays but I'm definitely not feeling myself get into it this year. We'll still fake it though for our son and do our best to make it enjoyable for him.

• Sad
Reactions: wave_crusher

·
I'm not old, honest...
31,276 Posts
The following comment does not include the family loss for @bbaXJ. I feel for you guys and hope you can find peace with your loss. Sincerely................

Now with that said, what a bunch of whiney ass scrooges you guys are! I love the holidays. Everything from shopping to snow, fire in the fireplace, football, music, to Christmas lights to gatherings. I don't let any of the bullshit bother me. Like Sean, I would rather host the party, even with the work because I get to control it. I make sure the football game is on the TV. Go other places and it may not be.

Now, for those with young kids, I hear you. When my kids were young we had 2 stops on Christmas eve, and another 2-3 on Christmas day. My wife's grandma had this super small house and the guys ended up in the garage standing around a space heater. We would be gone for 12 hours and my kids never got to play with their toys. I HATED THAT! So, that's when we started staying home. The message was "our house is open and there is a standing invite" but we stayed home. That was the game changer. It pissed some people off but oh well.

So quit your whining and enjoy the holiday!

Cheers! 🍸🍹🍻🍺🥂🍗🍖🥧🍰⛄❄❄❄🎅🤶

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,384 Posts

My wife (well fiance at the time) and I decided several years ago that we would not be doing the 'travel all day on thanksgiving/christmas' thing anymore. we did 7 different places on Christmas (don't remember the exact year), and that was the last straw for me. We got home and were like, we literally drove all day, stopped for 20 minutes, ate some shitty turkey or ham, and drove more. Nope, not doing that again.

We go one place on those holdays in the morning, then back home for the whole afternoon/evening/night. Anyone doesn't like it, sorry, that's how it is. we do our own dinner, fire in the fire place, football on tv...etc. Now we have a 7 month old and are even more inclined to not be traveling all day for the holidays. People can come to us or we can plan a different day to celebrate it. I dont' want my kid to grow up thinking that the holidays mean driving around all day.

Reactions: XXXJ

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,690 Posts
I would gladly trade places with most of you. Unless I decide to do the 10 hour drive to Minnesota, I'll likely spend my Christmas home alone, or maybe at a friends house. My kids don't ever bother to even call me.

66021 - 66040 of 66059 Posts