Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
65921 - 65940 of 65948 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4 1996 F150 4x4 4.9
13,186 Posts
I agree. It's a Honda, they're bullet proof.
I thought it was blowed up when i drove it to work the first time, smoking like crazy, like 3/4 qt in 35 miles. Then thought about a hose barb on the engine that was puffing air, and had a hose nearby, so connected it. Turns out that hose was suppose to hook to the motor, but the other end was already hooked to a dead end by the previous owner. Plugged it into an open barb and no smoke. Sucks because I already ordered an OEM top end kit, thinkin the rings were smoked.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Most of my YouTube comments fill up with "not in my area" or "wish I was closer" or some variation of how they can't find an LS to start with, let alone complete a swap for less than 7000.00

I know the truth is, people wreck Silverado's by the dozens in every area of the contiguous 48 states, and I've walked into yards blind from Toronto to Texas and found an engine, and often times find them laying on the ground and don't even need a tool to get them.

They can't find them, because they don't look, because they're too busy watching me on YouTube and telling me how I did everything wrong from their couch.

So to amuse myself, I've been busy building the "best" LS I can using parts I find on the ground. I have a TBSS intake, a set of 243 heads, a 6.0 shortblock... And didn't turn a wrench to get any of it.

·
Gustafson
10,702 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4 1996 F150 4x4 4.9
13,186 Posts
Porch roof almost left the chat. I was about a mile away on my grom at this point, it was a fun ride

·
Low Range Drifter
8,734 Posts
Dang. That's pretty wild looking.

I was finishing up a work call as it rolled through here. It went from daylight to needing to turn a light on for my camera to see me. As I referenced the coming storm to my coworker who lives maybe 15 miles east he first said "nope, nothing here" and then his last comment before losing connection was "oh man look at that". Apparently big lighting strike and his power and internet went out. lol.

·
Project Antitube
1,293 Posts
I have a bunch of trees down. Two big ones that are split but didn't fall. Even one of my honey locusts lost a limb.

I have had a tree crane scheduled to show up for the last two months... for tomorrow to rent the whole truck for the day. Goal is to get at least three giant trees down. I don't know if they're going to show up, I am getting a reduced rate because I'm fill-in work and was willing to rent the crew/truck for a whole day.

I already have 41 face cords of wood split and stacked on firewood racks... have 9 empty firewood racks... and have another 15 or so ready to be cut up and split. I'm going to have firewood growing out of my ears.

65921 - 65940 of 65948 Posts