Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
65761 - 65777 of 65777 Posts

·
Red Dragons!
2,035 Posts
That’s a tough one for sure. Their first clue should have been when things were not talking to each other. Obviously they did not perform a thorough diagnosis before quoting a repair. In my mind, they eat it. You paid the dealership.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
That’s a tough one for sure. Their first clue should have been when things were not talking to each other. Obviously they did not perform a thorough diagnosis before quoting a repair. In my mind, they eat it. You paid the dealership.
That's honestly what i'm leaning towards. He said, and I quote "I checked all the wires and connectors, it all looked good". So goes back to, either didn't do it, or didn't do it right.

Reactions: JohnnyJ

·
Project Antitube
1,213 Posts
You have to pay the quote price if they did the work. They can force you to pay up to 10% more than the quote price. If they sent it to the dealer instead of you, they have to eat that cost.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
You have to pay the quote price if they did the work. They can force you to pay up to 10% more than the quote price. If they sent it to the dealer instead of you, they have to eat that cost.
Gray area IMO; I never signed anything agreeing to the repair or quote before they did the work. If I really wanted to be an asshole I could just tell them to get bent. Seeing as how they couldn't fix the problem to begin with and said that I would need a new Power Steering Control Module cause the rack and pinon "took it out", not having any idea that the RP is the PSCM all in one unit, then saying that it must be the PCM; when in reality all it more than likely was, was the broken wire.

Either way, I ended up paying them for the replacement of the rack and pinon, even though you can't prove it actually needed to be replaced....on the flip side can't really prove that it didn't need to be replaced either. $255 later, and i've got $600 into a repair that should have probably just cost about $340.

Oh well, leave I have my car back

·
Gustafson
10,548 Posts
Gray area IMO; I never signed anything agreeing to the repair or quote before they did the work. If I really wanted to be an asshole I could just tell them to get bent. Seeing as how they couldn't fix the problem to begin with and said that I would need a new Power Steering Control Module cause the rack and pinon "took it out", not having any idea that the RP is the PSCM all in one unit, then saying that it must be the PCM; when in reality all it more than likely was, was the broken wire.

Either way, I ended up paying them for the replacement of the rack and pinon, even though you can't prove it actually needed to be replaced....on the flip side can't really prove that it didn't need to be replaced either. $255 later, and i've got $600 into a repair that should have probably just cost about $340.

Oh well, leave I have my car back
And I hate to say it, but that's why I always go to the dealer for service. I am a GM guy, and GM has always made it right. Even when a dealer was taking me down the black hole of throwing parts at it, GM made it right. I always feel like when you go to the dealer for service, you have some kind of recourse if things are really bad. Independent shops, not so much.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,208 Posts
And I hate to say it, but that's why I always go to the dealer for service. I am a GM guy, and GM has always made it right. Even when a dealer was taking me down the black hole of throwing parts at it, GM made it right. I always feel like when you go to the dealer for service, you have some kind of recourse if things are really bad. Independent shops, not so much.
I think I agree at this point too, I think a dealer is more willing to at least act like they're going to work with you and have a literal department meant to handle complaints. Versus an independent shop that is 99.4% more likely to just say "too bad"

·
Yooper In Training
7,557 Posts
Vent all you want. That's what we are here for.

Your daughter and your family are in my prayers. I don't even have the words right now.
Figured I owe you guys a follow-up here. My daughter died June 9. We were in no way ready for it(if that's even possible) but for as bad as it all went, it couldn't have gone much better. She didn't suffer much compared to most kids going through this nightmare, and she went at home in her bed with me and her mom by her side. She made it 10.5 weeks from diagnosis to death, which is extremely short and far less than we ever expected, but in doing so she skipped over most of the horrible decline and physical and mental torture that usually comes with this diagnosis. We're thankful for that.

I'll spare most of the details beyond that. We're doing okay all things considered. Nothing good, lots of bad, but we'll get through it one way or another.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,522 Posts
Sean I'm extremely sorry for your loss, mourning is a never ending process. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through, if you need anything please reach out.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of you sweet baby girl Sean. My heart weeps for you and your family. I have a 3 year old grandson and I could not imagine what you and your wife are going though.
My prayers for you and your family are for peace and comfort during these difficult times.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Damn brother... did not expect to wake up this morning and read that.
I'm so sorry for your loss. As much as I'm glad she didn't suffer and was able to have you and her mom by her side when she went, i wish there was a way to give you more time, but even then it couldn't be enough. Please, if you need anything, for you personally or your family, reach out. There are a ton of us here that will be more than happy to be that ear you need, or the sanctuary you may need to escape for a while. Just let us know.
Again, so sorry for your loss. There aren't enough words to fill the void in my heart for you...

65761 - 65777 of 65777 Posts