Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
65461 - 65480 of 65921 Posts

·
Low Range Drifter
8,701 Posts
Why did you remove the beaver tail? I'm really not sure how to figure out what length would work best for me. I know Jim really likes his short trailer.
Missed this. The beaver tail was rusted out and battered from dragging it out of many gas stations. I had not needed the extra 2' of deck in the time I had owned it, and it would fit better in my barn as a 16' trailer than 18'. So I just bought a scrap piece of tube to make a new crossmember and called it good. No regerts.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4 1996 F150 4x4 4.9
13,177 Posts
Got the plow quad I bought 6 weeks ago fixed just before bed time tonight, gonna use her in the AM. It should have been finished during my November vacation, but I missed the crank with a dead blow and smashed my finger hard, and decided I needed some time away from it.

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,253 Posts
Those little 300 Xplorers are great little quads when they're running right. Had one for years and years; it was a fun quad and had some pep for only being a 300 2 stroke.

I finally had to get rid of it because it seemed like every time I started it, something needed to be fixed or it wouldn't run/start. And once those issues started, they never seemed to end. Though, I do miss it, just to have a smaller, simple quad to hop on and go. Hindsight being 400/32, i'm sure it needed an actual tune up and carb clean rather than a half ass I only knew how do to years ago.

Had that and a 325 Magnum 4 stroke. Now there was a great work quad...

·
Extraordinarily Ordinary
16,887 Posts
A mild twitch
m surprised I remembered all the finger yoga it takes to type this user name,honestly
.Its nice to see a lot of the regulars are still around and kind of active

·
Gustafson
10,639 Posts
Great start to the fucking day..... Pulled down the street to work this morning and the low tire pressure light comes on. I get out once I park and the thing is hissing like all get out.... That's what I want to do when it's 11 degrees outside.....

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Great start to the fucking day..... Pulled down the street to work this morning and the low tire pressure light comes on. I get out once I park and the thing is hissing like all get out.... That's what I want to do when it's 11 degrees outside.....
Well, that sucks. Hopefully your spare is not stuck. Mine was a bitch to get down when I had a flat. I had to beat the piss out of it to get it to move. On my back in a snowy parking lot. Not as cold as it is now and not dressed for it.

·
Gustafson
10,639 Posts
Well, that sucks. Hopefully your spare is not stuck. Mine was a bitch to get down when I had a flat. I had to beat the piss out of it to get it to move. On my back in a snowy parking lot. Not as cold as it is now and not dressed for it.
I work in an office and have to wear business attire, so I am not dressed for it either.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Project Antitube
1,246 Posts
Must be a week for flat tires. My neighbor had one Monday so I went and did the hack and jab (the crappy external plugs normally used on semis), filled the tire, and sent them to their mechanic. My wife destroyed the right rear on I94 Wednesday morning. By the time she got to the shoulder it was well past flat. She said the TPMS went from alert to 0 before she let go of the turn signal. By the time she got it off the expressway the tire was pretty sad. When I got there with the trailer it was 0 out still.

Funny part is that the new set of tires I ordered a month ago from Costco for the spare set of wheels finally showed up last week. But no matter how much I asked to move up my appointment on the 4th they said "no". I asked if I could use the tire machine and "no". It's like a 15 minute job for a professional and I have done a set of new tires on bare/clean/new TPMS wheels in half an hour. So I showed up at Costco yesterday and picked up my tires, which was a fiasco since no one knew how to give someone uninstalled tires. Then I took the tires/wheels to the GM dealership here in town and they charged me less than Costco and did it in 20 minutes.

Waiting on a new TPMS tool to show up because apparently this 2017 is too new to pair new TPMS by letting air out and I don't know where my TPMS tool is.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Yooper In Training
7,572 Posts
Must be those old man white letters acting like a giant bullseye ;)

Waiting on a new TPMS tool to show up because apparently this 2017 is too new to pair new TPMS by letting air out and I don't know where my TPMS tool is.
If you feel like driving 25 min north you're welcome to use mine.

·
Project Antitube
1,246 Posts
Mothertrucker. FedEx truck that was parked illegally on the wrong side of the road drove into the side of my truck, denting the the bed above the tire, and popping a tire as the bumper tore a hole in the sidewall.

Bad week for tires at this house.

I see 275-55-R20 Duratracs are up to $300/tire. I last paid $195/tire.

Bleh.

65461 - 65480 of 65921 Posts