Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
65461 - 65465 of 65465 Posts

·
Low Range Drifter
8,589 Posts
Why did you remove the beaver tail? I'm really not sure how to figure out what length would work best for me. I know Jim really likes his short trailer.
Missed this. The beaver tail was rusted out and battered from dragging it out of many gas stations. I had not needed the extra 2' of deck in the time I had owned it, and it would fit better in my barn as a 16' trailer than 18'. So I just bought a scrap piece of tube to make a new crossmember and called it good. No regerts.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,075 Posts
Got the plow quad I bought 6 weeks ago fixed just before bed time tonight, gonna use her in the AM. It should have been finished during my November vacation, but I missed the crank with a dead blow and smashed my finger hard, and decided I needed some time away from it.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,075 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Flooring Floor

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Dead blow to the finger, ya that will slow progress down a few.
Nice quad setup. That will move some snow.
Happy New Year!!

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,933 Posts
Those little 300 Xplorers are great little quads when they're running right. Had one for years and years; it was a fun quad and had some pep for only being a 300 2 stroke.

I finally had to get rid of it because it seemed like every time I started it, something needed to be fixed or it wouldn't run/start. And once those issues started, they never seemed to end. Though, I do miss it, just to have a smaller, simple quad to hop on and go. Hindsight being 400/32, i'm sure it needed an actual tune up and carb clean rather than a half ass I only knew how do to years ago.

Had that and a 325 Magnum 4 stroke. Now there was a great work quad...

65461 - 65465 of 65465 Posts