Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
65301 - 65320 of 65433 Posts

·
Gustafson
10,187 Posts
Well where the fuck have you been? LOL People go away for years and come back and say "this place is dead". hmmmmmmm

And yes, the Canadians fucked up this site royally.
A good question indeed. :ROFLMAO:

·
Project Antitube
1,079 Posts
I gave up and make my own from blanks from Tandy Leather. Save the hardware from your favorite belt that fails and then buy some Chicago screws.

I mostly wear belts from awsin.com now though.

These are what I wear most of the time:

This is the same as above, but twice the thickness. It will hold a holster no problem. I don't understand the sizing because all of these I've bought are at the small end of the range while the above is at the large end of the range.

This is like the above, but has a AustriAlpin Cobra buckle for quick removal. Handy for things you take on and off all the time like chainsaw chaps.

This is an actual load bearing tactical belt. You wear an inner velcro belt through your belt loops on your pants and cinch it down by overlapping the tail back onto the belt. Then the outer MOLLE belt velcros onto the inner belt and closes using the same AustriAlpin Cobra buckle. So you leave your shit on the outer belt and when you want to put it on you just roll the belt onto your inner belt when you want to put it on. Easily holds a portly pistol (P226) in a Safariland, a couple pistol magazines, a rifle magazine, and a first aid kit.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,802 Posts
I have a belt like the Rigger's Belt that was a cut off from a C-130 cargo net from the time when my dad was in the marines. My only complaint of it was the thing would loosen over time. looking at that one it almost makes me want to add a section of velcro to it to add a little extra slip resistance to it.

·
Project Antitube
1,079 Posts
Two years ago I got tired of buying belts at tried tons of different belts and manufacturers. I had gone down the road of buying $100+ leather belts from "horse people" and they held up for about a year.

I still wear leather belts for work (office worker) and for "nice jeans" and do the blank thing as mentioned above.

Anymore I wear synthetic at all other times. So wearing a plastic belt makes more sense.

·
Yooper In Training
7,432 Posts
I'm a fan of Fossil belts. Just fairly plain jain leather belts. That's what I've been wearing 99% of the time for close to 25 years. I think I bought a different brand one time and it fell apart in 6 months. I've never gotten less than 5 years out of a Fossil. Current one is on at least year 8. About 2 years ago at work the threads holding the buckle loop closed gave out at work. I took it off and hit it with 4 staples from our thick stack of paper stapler next to the printers, figured that'd get me through the day. 2 years later it hasn't budged:ROFLMAO: I should probably replace it before it does though. I've eyed the synthetic belts quite a few times but never actually tried one, I'll probably pick up a rigger soon and give that a shot.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,802 Posts
Two years ago I got tired of buying belts at tried tons of different belts and manufacturers. I had gone down the road of buying $100+ leather belts from "horse people" and they held up for about a year.

I still wear leather belts for work (office worker) and for "nice jeans" and do the blank thing as mentioned above.

Anymore I wear synthetic at all other times. So wearing a plastic belt makes more sense.
What the hell are you doing to your belts? I still have my two $40 belts from "horse people" in Iowa. I they've held up for a decade.

65301 - 65320 of 65433 Posts