Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
65281 - 65300 of 65432 Posts

·
No more Jeep
4,009 Posts
Wonder what the fuck all the crusty old asshole from here are up to lately.
I miss the good old days of this place. Had a bad day! Just hop on GL4x4 and get a damn good laugh.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
Wonder what the fuck all the crusty old asshole from here are up to lately.
I miss the good old days of this place. Had a bad day! Just hop on GL4x4 and get a damn good laugh.
I know what you mean. There are times I would be on here during work hours and struggle to control myself from LOL'ing every 2 minutes from all the funny shit that used to be posted here.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,876 Posts
I know what you mean. There are times I would be on here during work hours and struggle to control myself from LOL'ing every 2 minutes from all the funny shit that used to be posted here.
I tell yea what was a good read if you haven't yet, is the "What truck would you buy" thread. I haven't read it at all, saw that it had a post in it, and found myself reading all 3 pages. Lots of great banter, back and forth, opinions, experiences with trucks. Gas vs. diesel. No BS assholes, couple breaking balls. Was a good read.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts
I tell yea what was a good read if you haven't yet, is the "What truck would you buy" thread. I haven't read it at all, saw that it had a post in it, and found myself reading all 3 pages. Lots of great banter, back and forth, opinions, experiences with trucks. Gas vs. diesel. No BS assholes, couple breaking balls. Was a good read.
It was a real good thread. I read it a while back. 🤣

·
Low Range Drifter
8,570 Posts
5 years ago I upgraded my 3500# axles to 5200# axles from here:

At the time they were $300/axle including springs and brakes. Looks like it's $400-500 now.

I have thought about copying my current trailer, but using C-channel instead of box tube. My trailer pulls great but is about 15 years old, and I know Michigan life is taking it's toll on it.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,802 Posts
Apparently farting in a walk in humidor causes the stink to spread quicker and stick around a bit. FYI.

·
Gustafson
10,177 Posts

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,802 Posts
Apparently us two old farts have something in common I guess...

·
Hang all the thieves
1,783 Posts
Found myself in an old thread link wormhole after clicking on one of the "suggested" links the new format offers, so I've been reading up on some of this sites history. Ended up finding this thread....

...which, while not exactly like some of the changes we've seen with new ownership, certainly has some interesting parallels.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,876 Posts
I randomly look at the ammo and prices, and it's seeming like a lot more ammo is coming back in regular stock. Prices have seemed to steady and a couple are slowly coming down (and I mean SLOWLY). Still 2 or 3 times what they were 2 years ago though.

Seems like the in stock stuff is limited to only purchases, as it doesn't seem like stores have them on shelves. That's interesting to me? Coincidence or intentional?

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
I randomly look at the ammo and prices, and it's seeming like a lot more ammo is coming back in regular stock. Prices have seemed to steady and a couple are slowly coming down (and I mean SLOWLY). Still 2 or 3 times what they were 2 years ago though.

Seems like the in stock stuff is limited to only purchases, as it doesn't seem like stores have them on shelves. That's interesting to me? Coincidence or intentional?
Not sure I follow what you're saying in the last part.

I stopped at Jay's in Clare on the way back from Memorial weekend and their stock was still thin, but drastically better than when I was last there in Sept and Oct(shelves 1/4-1/3 full vs almost completely empty). They now had .223, 5.56, 9mm, etc that was nowhere to be seen late last year. 9mm was a 400rd limit, which is a lot more than I expected but still pricey. They had 3 or 4 different brands of range 9mm ball ammo, all $.48 per round, so about double the normal price, or at least what used to be normal. Last time I saw it in (very limited) stock there was mid Sept at 100rd limit for $.30 per round. A friend said Peacemakers in Howell has had it in stock for a month or two as well at $.46 per round. I haven't checked anywhere else, I've got a decent enough stash that I'm not in a rush to buy much more at these prices.

I ordered some various 9mm from OpticPlanet last Sept since they were taking backorders rather than just listing as not available. Delivery date has been pushed back probably 15 times already. Currently showing 1 of 3 coming 7/6, the other 2 are unknown ETA. Only reason I haven't cancelled at this point is because I'm just curious when/if it'll finally come. Plus the price I ordered at is lower than anything else readily available right now.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,876 Posts
Not sure I follow what you're saying in the last part.
Conspiracy thinking on my part. If the government was going/is doing it's best to track ammo and who's purchasing, it's a lot easier to do that with online purchases than in person/cash sales.

I have zero problem believing that government will do anything to control anything, let alone gather whatever info they might find usefull.

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Ah ok, so instead of "only" you meant "online". Got it. As I said in my post, it's begun showing up in some stores again, and at better prices than I've seen lately online. Not that I disagree with the gov stuff in general though.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,655 Posts
I was at Jay's in Clare in April. No 9mm unless you bought a gun. They included one box of ammo with a gun purchase. I was looking for snake shot and the guy just laughed at me - said they hadn't had snake shot in over a year.

·
Yooper In Training
7,428 Posts
Looks like even some of the local ammo suppliers like Great Lakes and Fenix have some in stock now as well, but what used to be $.20/round is now $.50/round for reloads.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,876 Posts
Ah ok, so instead of "only" you meant "online". Got it. As I said in my post, it's begun showing up in some stores again, and at better prices than I've seen lately online. Not that I disagree with the gov stuff in general though.
Yep, my shitty typing and no re-reading. Meant "online"

65281 - 65300 of 65432 Posts