Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

65241 - 65260 of 65270 Posts

·
Balls Deep
4,569 Posts
You got that right, this does suck. Everything about is all messed up.
We did receive approval yesterday afternoon. I wasn't sure we would because Ontario is going into a lock down because they have a spike in cases. But I am very grateful we are allowed to cross. I was kinda surprised because of the new restrictions but still grateful.
The funeral home has restrictions as well. 20 people per visit, then the next group of people to come through. And no drinks or coffee, water, tea or food. In other words no mingling or hanging around. I mentioned to my brother that maybe this summer if restrictions are lifted to have a family get together(celebration of life) this summer.
The paperwork also noted that we can stay up to a month. Which I don't really need to. I will wash the place down, clean the gutters and paint the front porch which I had plans on doing last year but tight border restrictions prevented any crossings at all.
I might end up painting the inside as well. My brothers and I will sell my mom's modular home which is in a park. Should not have any problems selling because the market over there is on fire. My brother seems to think it could turn into a bidding war. Which is good to know. Will see how much a single wide will bring.
I would like to thank everyone here for the prayers and support for my family and myself. Thank you, It means a lot.

I was thinking the other day that as long as some of us have been here on this site, going back and forth on many different topics and issues. It reminds me of "family" and I do appreciate everyone of you guys for all the dialog and great conversation. Some good some bad and some, just "like are you kidding me". But that's what family does. We do seem to come back and encourage and support each other when we need it most. You guys are all in my prayers as well.
Wow Aber61, that's a tough situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Prayers out for you and you family. I hope you have a good trip over there to spend time with any friends and family and get her place all spruced up easily.

All you can do is to keep on keepin on.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Gustafson
9,864 Posts
I'm sure most guys here know Dave Kerwin. He is not doing well. He is in the hospital and needs prayer.
Why does that name sound so familiar? It's on the tip of my tongue. Either way, I'll keep him in my prayers.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Wow Aber61, that's a tough situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Prayers out for you and you family. I hope you have a good trip over there to spend time with any friends and family and get her place all spruced up easily.

All you can do is to keep on keepin on.

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it. Getting across was really easy with the border agent. She asked a few questions and with our paperwork gave us the go ahead.
We ended up going to the funeral home and had two services because there was more than 20 people which was the limit for room size. So relatives in one and family in the next. No get together to talk and discuss because of their lock down. After everything settles down we will have something at my brothers place for everyone.
We were able to clean up my mom's place mostly. Brother will go back this weekend and get the remainder of the furnishings and personal belongings out.
It doesn't seem real, that this is another chapter in my life that the door is closing. Both parents are gone and it's sad. I talked with my mom almost every day for the past two years. She beat cancer so we thought and then covid hit and she was alone for most of it because people were locked in. Losing loved ones to cancer really does suck but covid changed how we were not allowed to be with them when they needed it most. The cure is not supposed to be worse the the sickness.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Why does that name sound so familiar? It's on the tip of my tongue. Either way, I'll keep him in my prayers.
Thanks, I'll let his in-laws and wife know. Oh ya and it's not covid but something else that I'm really not at liberty to discuss.

·
Yooper In Training
7,195 Posts
I forgot his screen name. Or was it Dave Kerwin? He was pretty active 10 or so years ago.
It is Dave Kerwin, I had to look it up myself because it sounded very familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it either. I don't know him or what's going on, but I wish him the best in beating whatever it is.

·
Balls Deep
4,569 Posts
I lost my best friend last summer. It just plain sucks. I'm very thankful for all the years we had, but it's a chapter Awe weren't finished with yet.

Now another friend has had to sell the lakehouse that has been in the family for over a hundred years. Packing up four generations of his families lives has been surreal. Now we're saying goodbye to the place, the views, the little 100 yr old log cabin we restored, the little gardeners cottage we hadn't gotten to get, the old lakehouse with its stone porch and fireplace, the shop where so many rigs where fixed, the lawn I lovingly mowed and maintained for free for years, but taking away so many memories. It sucks, but it seems another chapter has come to an end.

Neither can compare to losing a parent or child, but I feel the suckiness. The days are tough, but our hearts can stay strong. I fall apart for a few minutes about every other day or so, but put it back together and just keep on keeping on.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
I lost my best friend last summer. It just plain sucks. I'm very thankful for all the years we had, but it's a chapter Awe weren't finished with yet.

Now another friend has had to sell the lakehouse that has been in the family for over a hundred years. Packing up four generations of his families lives has been surreal. Now we're saying goodbye to the place, the views, the little 100 yr old log cabin we restored, the little gardeners cottage we hadn't gotten to get, the old lakehouse with its stone porch and fireplace, the shop where so many rigs where fixed, the lawn I lovingly mowed and maintained for free for years, but taking away so many memories. It sucks, but it seems another chapter has come to an end.

Neither can compare to losing a parent or child, but I feel the suckiness. The days are tough, but our hearts can stay strong. I fall apart for a few minutes about every other day or so, but put it back together and just keep on keeping on.

Right here^^^^
Thanks for this.

·
Gustafson
9,864 Posts
I hope everything went well for him. I'm not able to watch the video so I don't know what type of surgery he had.

·
Gustafson
9,864 Posts
He had brain surgery. It's a youtube video so If you can watch it from another device do so. It's worth it.
I just meant because I am at work I'm unable to watch it. I'll check it out later.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

65241 - 65260 of 65270 Posts