Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

65161 - 65172 of 65172 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
Well, life continues to go downhill for me. In 2009 a dentist under medicated me and gave me endocarditis, which is an infection in your heart. That infection ruined a replacement heart valve I had installed in 2005. So that was replaced again in 2011. Ever since then I have struggled to get a dentist to treat me. Some requiring crazy things like IV antibiotics, others simply saying they wouldn't treat me at all. The other issue was no matter what dentist I found, the cardiologist I had (gone through 3 now) was never on the same page as they were with treatment. That lead to a constant pissing match between me, the dentist, and the cardiologist. In the end, I was the one who lost. As a result, my dental health isn't what it should be and now I am suffering with a sore tooth. I cannot get anyone to treat me, and I don't know what to do. I called an urgent care facility and they said that they as well as a hospital ER don't have dentists on staff, so the best they could do would be pain meds and antibiotics until a dentist could see me. WTF, I need help, I need help now and I can't get it. I get that people are afraid of screwing up and getting sued (I have never sued anyone BTW) but a persons health and well being is on the line here! I NEED HELP!!

Sorry, just venting. I am very upset, scared, and frustrated. I also have eye surgery scheduled for Monday, which I am sure will be cancelled because of this. I don't know what to do.....

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Well, life continues to go downhill for me. In 2009 a dentist under medicated me and gave me endocarditis, which is an infection in your heart. That infection ruined a replacement heart valve I had installed in 2005. So that was replaced again in 2011. Ever since then I have struggled to get a dentist to treat me. Some requiring crazy things like IV antibiotics, others simply saying they wouldn't treat me at all. The other issue was no matter what dentist I found, the cardiologist I had (gone through 3 now) was never on the same page as they were with treatment. That lead to a constant pissing match between me, the dentist, and the cardiologist. In the end, I was the one who lost. As a result, my dental health isn't what it should be and now I am suffering with a sore tooth. I cannot get anyone to treat me, and I don't know what to do. I called an urgent care facility and they said that they as well as a hospital ER don't have dentists on staff, so the best they could do would be pain meds and antibiotics until a dentist could see me. WTF, I need help, I need help now and I can't get it. I get that people are afraid of screwing up and getting sued (I have never sued anyone BTW) but a persons health and well being is on the line here! I NEED HELP!!

Sorry, just venting. I am very upset, scared, and frustrated. I also have eye surgery scheduled for Monday, which I am sure will be cancelled because of this. I don't know what to do.....
Really feel bad for you grey. Sounds like you have a beginning of an infection in your tooth. Ask your dentist for a round of antibiotics asap.
Will be praying for your health and that you can find a dentist who will help you.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,560 Posts
^^^ Dang man, very sorry to hear about such horrible issues. Hope you find someone to do the right thing and help you out. Definitely going to have to take extreme care of your teeth from now on. And yes, I realize that is not always enough... :(

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
Thanks guys. I would take better care of them if I could find someone that would treat me. I have literally called 20+ dentists over the years, it's always some version of the same old song and dance.

Cardiologist and primary care doctor are no help either.

For having the best healthcare in the world, when you have a lot of health problems, it's still not the greatest...

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
So sorry man. Tooth problems suck to begin with. But along with the rest of that, sorry.
Thanks Sandals, I appreciate it.

I just spoke with the eye surgeon. She will not perform the eye surgery until this is resolved. Great.... I have literally been trying to get this done for a year. (had a consultation appointment last March, then covid hit)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Thanks Sandals, I appreciate it.

I just spoke with the eye surgeon. She will not perform the eye surgery until this is resolved. Great.... I have literally been trying to get this done for a year. (had a consultation appointment last March, then covid hit)
Are you able to see your dentist to get you on a round of antibiotics?

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
Are you able to see your dentist to get you on a round of antibiotics?
The issue is, the tooth needs work. Either repair it, extract it, whatever. So it's not just antibiotics that are needed, and that's where the problem lies. Everyone is scared to touch me. I will need to call again today and see if there has been any conversations on what they want to do.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
The issue is, the tooth needs work. Either repair it, extract it, whatever. So it's not just antibiotics that are needed, and that's where the problem lies. Everyone is scared to touch me. I will need to call again today and see if there has been any conversations on what they want to do.
Hopefully somebody can see that you need to have this taken care of before it gets worse.

65161 - 65172 of 65172 Posts