Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

64961 - 64980 of 65148 Posts

·
Axle breakin' 101
3,121 Posts
How much money does the a fast food joint save on items held, on an average day?

Take McDonalds for instance...the $5 or so it costs for a Big Mac, pays for all the ingredients and labor to make it, etc. So, many times do people order it without pickels or lettuce? What about a quarter pounder, but no onions or tomato?

How much money do fast food joints save in a year on items that you're paying for, but don't actually get?

Can't find anything online about it
Same thing with Coke and diet coke...they take everything out of coke to make it diet but still charge you the same.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,143 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,480 Posts
With all my free time. youtube has been my go-to.

Well, really, it's always been my go-to, cause i'm an fing nerd like that. Anyway.

Why all the hate for the .40 S&W? You see all the time the 9mm vs .45 acp, there's 9mm guys and .45 acp guys; but both seem to hate .40 S&W...why? What's wrong with a .40?

I like to call myself a .45 acp guy...but i guess i'm not cause I love my M&P40. Not as much as I love my Colt 1911 .45, but my colt has infinitely more sentimental value. I also have a Star 9mm, which is ok, but I chalk that up to the gun itself, not necessarily the 9mm cartridge.

·
Yooper In Training
7,062 Posts
With all my free time. youtube has been my go-to.

Well, really, it's always been my go-to, cause i'm an fing nerd like that. Anyway.

Why all the hate for the .40 S&W? You see all the time the 9mm vs .45 acp, there's 9mm guys and .45 acp guys; but both seem to hate .40 S&W...why? What's wrong with a .40?

I like to call myself a .45 acp guy...but i guess i'm not cause I love my M&P40. Not as much as I love my Colt 1911 .45, but my colt has infinitely more sentimental value. I also have a Star 9mm, which is ok, but I chalk that up to the gun itself, not necessarily the 9mm cartridge.
I wouldn't say I hate .40 but I don't like it and don't think I'll ever buy another. .45 costs almost the same, has more "knockdown power" and is way nicer to shoot. The recoil of .45 is way smoother than .40 and the percussion isn't as awful either. The .40 is just super snappy both in recoil and noise. Even my aluminum frame subcompact 3" barrel .45 is drastically nicer to shoot than my full frame .40 was. I also like 9mm. Big enough to be effective, cheaper to shoot, more ammo capacity, etc. Between 9mm and .45 I just don't really see any reason for .40 to be preferable. I won't tell someone they're wrong if they just like .40, but it's not my thing based on personal experience. If I had the disposable funds to load up on random firearms I'd still own a .40 just because I could, but as of now any firearm I own is a little more purposeful.

·
Old School
33,034 Posts
I have a 1911, and a hi point in .45

I have a Beretta 96G in .40S&W, along with various 9mm, .380, ,38 and .22 pistols.

My absolute favorite to shoot is the Beretta. Well after adding a Hogue grip. The weight of the gun balances the recoil nicely, and shooting in my back yard I can hold a 4" group at 50 yards (from a bench). I'm slightly worse with the 1911, and about the same with the hi point, but both take me longer to re-acquire the target. Most of the 9mm are great pocket guns, but too small to shoot comfortably for more than a mag or two.

I've only gotten into shooting in the last ten years or so, so take that into consideration. I do firmly believe that there there is no such thing as an 'all purpose gun'. I love my S&W 642 for a carry gun, but more than 10 rounds and your wrist is begging for mercy. But for it's intended purpose, it's great.

·
Old School
33,034 Posts
Had an "I'm too old for this shit" moment today.

One of my sons friends was helping me get the last of the stuff out of the old garage and into the #bigasstruck and after successfully loading the fridge, freezer and a dryer, we started walking the pinball machine up the ramps. one ramp shifted, Shane lost his balance and I was in the truck desperatel,y trying to keep the pinball machine from landing on him. It hit the deck of the truck and flipped, and one leg caught me in the balls and THREW me out of the truck. I think I laid on the ground and cried for an hour (probably about two minutes, but it SEEMED like an hour) and then got up and checked for blood. No Darwin award damage, and Shane sprained his wrist, but no major injuries. He kept apologizing for dropping the machine, but I told him 'hey, no one has a head injury, we're good".

Yeah, I know, social distancing and shit, but I'm a week over the date for getting my shit out of the old house.

Upside though, passed a half dozen state cops with an unplated truck and none of them gave half a shit about it.

·
Gustafson
9,297 Posts

One of my sons friends was helping me get the last of the stuff out of the old garage and into the #bigasstruck and after successfully loading the fridge, freezer and a dryer, we started walking the pinball machine up the ramps. one ramp shifted, Shane lost his balance and I was in the truck desperatel,y trying to keep the pinball machine from landing on him. It hit the deck of the truck and flipped, and one leg caught me in the balls and THREW me out of the truck. I think I laid on the ground and cried for an hour (probably about two minutes, but it SEEMED like an hour) and then got up and checked for blood. No Darwin award damage, and Shane sprained his wrist, but no major injuries. He kept apologizing for dropping the machine, but I told him 'hey, no one has a head injury, we're good".

Yeah, I know, social distancing and shit, but I'm a week over the date for getting my shit out of the old house.

Upside though, passed a half dozen state cops with an unplated truck and none of them gave half a shit about it.
Pinball machine to the balls? :sonicjay:

I'm glad you're ok, but that one made me lol.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts

I am surprised the MSP didn't grab you with all that is going on they are said to be the ones out looking for people not staying home.
Glad they didn't grab you.
Did the pinball machine survive without any damage?

·
Old School
33,034 Posts
Broke the glass. No big deal.

Balls and back are fine today, wrist is killing me. Going to go get a brace.

I've heard that unless you are being a jackass, the cops aren't pulling anyone over for paperwork. Since damn near everything involving a truck is 'essential', they aren't going to bother.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
I am surprised the MSP didn't grab you with all that is going on they are said to be the ones out looking for people not staying home.
Glad they didn't grab you.
Did the pinball machine survive without any damage?
I find this hard to believe. I pass by at least 3-5 MSP vehicles, usually going 5-10 over. I haven't been looked at once. Its not like I'm driving a few miles, I went from Dewitt to Leslie MI, around 30 miles, to drop off some tractor tires to get swapped at the co-op.

The wife and I haven[t stopped sending the lil ones to daycare. We're both "essential" so we're using that to our advantage.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,902 Posts
The MSP are being kicked out of their posts to abide by social distancing guidelines. Hence the reason you're seeing more of them sitting on the roads. They're working out of their vehicles instead of from a desk.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Axle breakin' 101
3,121 Posts
The MSP are being kicked out of their posts to abide by social distancing guidelines. Hence the reason you're seeing more of them sitting on the roads. They're working out of their vehicles instead of from a desk.

They can work in their cars in the MSP parking lot, your response is just one of many reasons there are more patrols. Your reply is not THE reason, c'mon.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,902 Posts
They can work in their cars in the MSP parking lot, your response is just one of many reasons there are more patrols. Your reply is not THE reason, c'mon.
It's a show of force philosophy, perception is reality when it comes to enforcing a non enforceable emergency order.

64961 - 64980 of 65148 Posts