Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

64861 - 64880 of 65099 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,059 Posts
Am I crazy for booking a camp site at the end of April?

Wife and I are going to try out out new to us camper; so I'm hoping since it has heat, even if april is cold as fuck, it shouldn't be too bad
Hell no. You have a camper, use it in the winter if you want. I have and besides running out of propane the second night due to pure negligence, it's completely fine. It's a house on wheels, dude.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
On a road trip.
V8 is a V7. Out of the blue towards the end. Pull codes, cyl 6 misfire. Stop at autozone and throw a coil pack at it. Nothing. Another code has to do with the MDS.
Suppose to be home on Thursday, but can’t drive it like this. After weighing options and my own diagnostics, I think the intake needs to come off. I’m not doing that in a parking lot.
Bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.
I was right, MDS. Rodents gnawed on the wire loom for the MDS, and the intake has to come off to replace the loom. I doubt I would have found it so fast.
Sitting in a motel, staring at the tube waiting on parts. FML
I WANTED to be back on the compound before this storm hit. FML
I was just bragging about it turning 200k this trip and it runs sooo good. FML

when I get home it’s “squirrel and mouse JIHAD!”

·
Gustafson
9,175 Posts

Wife and I are going to try out out new to us camper; so I'm hoping since it has heat, even if April is cold as fuck, it shouldn't be too bad
I open our camper up in Presque Isle in April, you're not crazy for camping that time of year.

Does anyone 4x4 these days? I haven't 4x4ed in a while.
I has no Jeep anymore, so now all I do is web wheel. :(

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts

Wife and I are going to try out out new to us camper; so I'm hoping since it has heat, even if april is cold as fuck, it shouldn't be too bad
We sold our house quicker than expected last year and moved into our camper for 3 months, starting in early April. A few chilly nights but those camper furnaces put out some heat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Since when is "Lean" understaffing your department by 2 people, then hiring 4 contractors at 3x the annual cost of an employee to make up for the lack of 2 qualified people? I'm amazed everyday at how convoluted managers can be.

·
Axle breakin' 101
3,119 Posts
Since when is "Lean" understaffing your department by 2 people, then hiring 4 contractors at 3x the annual cost of an employee to make up for the lack of 2 qualified people? I'm amazed everyday at how convoluted managers can be.
You dont have to pay contractors retirement, healthcare, 401k, profit sharing and bonuses. And they show up on the books different and shit.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
At least you didn't downsize by 65 people this week. One of the departments that was on travel 75% just had 3 technicians they desperately need get laid off. Guess who some of that shit is going to land on.

·
Gustafson
9,175 Posts
You dont have to pay contractors retirement, healthcare, 401k, profit sharing and bonuses. And they show up on the books different and shit.
What is this ? :teehee:

·
Gustafson
9,175 Posts
Well, 2020 isn't starting off so well... Lost my Mom in early January, my son was injured at daycare 2 weeks later, and this past Saturday I woke up out of the blue with a racing / fluttering heartbeat that won't go away. I'm also working a ton of hours, taking care of my moms estate, taking care of my grandma (moms mom), along with my responsibilities at home. I have an appointment with the doctor to see WTF is going on, he'll probably tell me I had a heart attack.... This blows.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Well, 2020 isn't starting off so well... Lost my Mom in early January, my son was injured at daycare 2 weeks later, and this past Saturday I woke up out of the blue with a racing / fluttering heartbeat that won't go away. I'm also working a ton of hours, taking care of my moms estate, taking care of my grandma (moms mom), along with my responsibilities at home. I have an appointment with the doctor to see WTF is going on, he'll probably tell me I had a heart attack.... This blows.
Question for you, are you on any meds? Cause certain meds can cause this. But I will keep you in prayer that your heart begins to beat normal again.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
Question for you, are you on any meds? Cause certain meds can cause this. But I will keep you in prayer that your heart begins to beat normal again.
I'm with Aber on this one. Get yourself right and I'll be praying for ya as well. Dealing with my MIL's estate has been hard on my wife. She's been doing therapy and meds to keep her out of the nut house. Its HARD.

64861 - 64880 of 65099 Posts