Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

64801 - 64820 of 65082 Posts

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,385 Posts
Mom passed away 01/06/20 @ 12.01am. This past week has been really rough. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad to be back at work. (took last week off)
So sorry for your loss. :(

I hope things get better for you.
Thank you sir, much appreciated.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Anyone ever paddled the Two Hearted river in the UP? Thinking of planning a camping/paddle trip up there this year.
Love that are, but never canoed the Two Hearted. Crossed it plenty of times, it looks narrow and twisty.

Wife and I spent a week between Munising and Paradise two years ago, what great trip.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
UFC, there were some funny chick fights.

The main even was trash.
What are you doing in my neck of the woods? I saw you driving south out of Holt when I was going to meet the wife for lunch. That truck is kinda hard to miss.

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
What are you doing in my neck of the woods? I saw you driving south out of Holt when I was going to meet the wife for lunch. That truck is kinda hard to miss.
:sonicjay: Yeah I bet it is.

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
Holy hell we are slow at work, burning personal time at an accelerated rate. Looking forward to vaca in March.
I have been burning through mine as well and we only get 32 hours per year. :(

Our son tripped and fell at daycare and chipped his tooth 3/4 of the way off. Nerve was exposed, extraction was recommended because of the severity of the chip, and trying to perform a root canal on a 19 month old is damn near impossible I would imagine. Needless to say my wife is irate, and we are both at our limit these days with all that has gone on in the past 2 months.

I pray 2020 gets better.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
When you are driving down the road and smoking a doobie we can smell it even though your windows are rolled up....
That's pretty good shit if you can smell it two car lengths back at 70+mph with your window rolled up. :sonicjay:

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
When you are driving down the road and smoking a doobie we can smell it even though your windows are rolled up....
That's pretty good shit if you can smell it two car lengths back at 70+mph with your window rolled up. :sonicjay:
I always thought that was just a dead skunk. :teehee:

·
Old School
33,015 Posts
3 days off, then 12 - 12 hour days in a row... covering for another guy in the department.
I don't have to, but it will makes for a couple nice checks.

I have also discovered that the simplest way to find out who your friends are is to move a slightly inconvenient distance away.

Haven't spoken with my family since my mother got out of rehab from her stroke, about 9 months ago.
My cousin was exhausted from taking care of her, I had talked my wife into letting her stay with us. The rate she was recovering, it would have been a month at most and she would be able to go back to her house. When we were discussing arrangements, my mother said she didn't want to go to my house, insulted my wife, and my cousin went along with her.
Screw him.
I haven't heard a thing from either, whether by phone or any other means. My cousin will occasionally post on facebook complaining about having to do everything, or that he's at the restaurant with his aunt... but that's it.
I didn't even get a call on the anniversary of my son's death. My birthday just passed, no call. I've tried calling, but she doesn't answer (she can't hear the phone ring anyway) and when I stop by no one answers the door.

·
Gustafson
9,048 Posts
3 days off, then 12 - 12 hour days in a row... covering for another guy in the department.
I don't have to, but it will makes for a couple nice checks.

I have also discovered that the simplest way to find out who your friends are is to move a slightly inconvenient distance away.

Haven't spoken with my family since my mother got out of rehab from her stroke, about 9 months ago.
My cousin was exhausted from taking care of her, I had talked my wife into letting her stay with us. The rate she was recovering, it would have been a month at most and she would be able to go back to her house. When we were discussing arrangements, my mother said she didn't want to go to my house, insulted my wife, and my cousin went along with her.
Screw him.
I haven't heard a thing from either, whether by phone or any other means. My cousin will occasionally post on facebook complaining about having to do everything, or that he's at the restaurant with his aunt... but that's it.
I didn't even get a call on the anniversary of my son's death. My birthday just passed, no call. I've tried calling, but she doesn't answer (she can't hear the phone ring anyway) and when I stop by no one answers the door.
I thought you said your mom was staying with you in your master bedroom while she recovered? (Thought I read that several months back)

Either way, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time with your family.

64801 - 64820 of 65082 Posts