Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

59861 - 59880 of 65082 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
God damnit YouTube. Watched a few videos on which steel and blade design would make the best bushcraft/survival knife and two hours later I just finished a documentary showing a complete autopsy on a woman that died of natural causes.

It was actually very interesting to see exactly how they do everything and evaluate each organ including the brain.
I love Youtube wormholes.

I was reading a Field & Stream article last night that had this one in a truck survival kit: https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/camp-12

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/2016/04/super-survival-kit-20-lifesaving-items-to-keep-in-your-truck

·
Old School
33,015 Posts
:sonicjay:

I've been thinking about trying marijuana for pain control and also to treat other Army related issues instead of the five different pills I take multiple times a day.
If I could get the pain benefits without the high, I would smoke too. I don't care for the high all that much. Pretty much stopped drinking for the same reason. I still have two beers left in the fridge from summer.

But the glucosamine- it restores flexibility to the joint. I thought it was all hoodoo until I looked up actual medical research. They don't know the mechanics of how it works, but there is general medical consensus that it does.

All I know, is that for the first time in two years I can kneel on my left knee without any pain.

·
Bananarama!
14,144 Posts
I heard there has been a lot of progress in the area of cannibis oils and edibles to get the benefits without getting stoned. I have no idea. I don't touch the stuff.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
What we need is some input some @Sandals

I actually haven't been able to utilize the green for some while.

But, A month ago I started using CBD oil to hopefully help some of my Metabolic issues.

The CBD oil i've been using is made from industrial hemp, so no THC content.

Look into it, make your own conclusion. I don't know if it would help with the pain (I think it's the THC that helps that), but it's supposed to do a bunch of other good.

Here's a fairly good guide outlining the differences.

http://mychronicrelief.com/cannabis-101-thc-cbd/

The place i am getting it from is in Colorado, they ship all over the States. Since it doesn't contain THC it is 100% legal.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
:sonicjay:

I've been thinking about trying marijuana for pain control and also to treat other Army related issues instead of the five different pills I take multiple times a day.
I have a friends dad who started taking marijuana for pain control recently. I have known the guy my entire life and most of what I remember is him on the couch with back pain from a ladder accident. He has an incredible shop with almost every tool you can imagine but he couldnt make use of it because of back pain. Now I go over there and he is never not in his shop, and he is actually working, getting stuff accomplished

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Bananarama!
14,144 Posts
I have a friends dad who started taking marijuana for pain control recently. I have known the guy my entire life and most of what I remember is him on the couch with back pain from a ladder accident. He has an incredible shop with almost every tool you can imagine but he couldnt make use of it because of back pain. Now I go over there and he is never not in his shop, and he is actually working, getting stuff accomplished

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I can't tell you how many of my brothers that I served with decided to give marijuana a try instead of eating VA cereal (the amount of pills the VA gives you is like filling a bowl full of pills and eating them like Frosted Flakes). Not a single one of them is taking a single pill anymore and their lives have DRASTICALLY improved in every aspect. It's insane. After years of fighting daily battles (and some losing that battle and taking their own lives), they finally have their life back and not just that... They are flourishing! All from one damn plant that is outlawed to protect the profits of big pharma and big oil.

·
Bananarama!
14,144 Posts
If I could get $600 for it all I would take it. It's a good machine that runs almost all games except for the newest on Ultra settings and is set up to be used as a main media hub for the living room complete with sound system and high end Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo.

I was gonna keep it and turn it into my home's server for all automation and media but I REALLY need a laptop more right now.

·
Bananarama!
14,144 Posts
Still not sure about selling it though. For $90 or so I can buy a liquid cooling system for the CPU and overclock it to run completely stable at 4ghz on all SIX cores. Coupled with the SSD, 16gb of ram and the already overclocked EVGA GTX970 it would be a monster.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've never sold a PC I built, just because that card I paid 400 bucks for a year ago has been surpassed by a 200 dollar one now, or whatever.

I hardly ever sell anything really, I usually just get mad and keep it, give it to family, whatever lol.

59861 - 59880 of 65082 Posts