Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 115 Posts

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
So what happened around here? Why did CC sell the site? Where did most of the membership go?
Lost tons of people to social media. Sucks because now, you just see the same newbie questions posted 3209844509865 times a month.

My guess is, CC sold because he could see it coming.

They went to farcebook etc.. Which is cool, until you get sick of the newbie and low iq stuff.

Hopefully we see the numbers go back up in the forums, or at least another option better than da book of faces...... :beer:

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
How much you can borrow may very based on your down payment %. They will lend more to someone if they have more skin in the game. They do not want to loose anymore.

My .02.....

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
It definitely is. What's odd, is when I did a pre-qualify last year, they told me that with $X down, I could qualify for $x mortgage. There have been a couple properties that popped up for significantly less than my max, where I am close to 10% down.

What sucks is I would prefer to wait another year to save up a full 20% down, but the current house will probably not last that long. Repairing what's wrong will take all of my savings, leaving me in a house in a neighborhood I want to get out of.
Get your ducks in a row now and get prepared for a long hunt for the right deal. Saving is not for everyone. If you can put 10 down, then you can pay extra toward it when you get in....

Best to sell yours now, based on your statements, while the market is hot.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
Very sorry to hear BlooMule. It is hard to be a 1 person "team".

I have had some time where I felt that way. Thankfully it was not for to long and it is behind us.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
Very sorry to hear BlooMule. It is hard to be a 1 person "team".

I have had some time where I felt that way. Thankfully it was not for to long and it is behind us.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,030 Posts
^^^^ Seems like that is probably the top of there skill level???

The insurance policy on her PTCruiser just renewed, went up another $100/month.

Mine I am sure will increase in October.

So, as of now, I pay $15000/year for insurance. Full coverage on the PT and the Charger, and PLPD on the van.

Yep, 25% of my gross annual income goes to insurance on 3 cars.
:( Damn, I can not imagine.

1 - 19 of 115 Posts