Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
$1900 sounds pretty reasonable for a complete hard top and doors. I think it would be worth it for a really clean CJ5, otherwise the soft top is just fine.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Now they need to make them for CJ6s...

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
wow, look really nice.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
i wonder how many hardkore cj-5 owners there are out there that would shell out that kinda cash.

looks nice

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Fiberglass is hardly ever "Mass Produced"

Look at the 2 piece tops for TJs, or the half tops for them. Or even the full tops for Scramblers. None of these were a huge market, for various reasons. I would imagine over 100% markup on each one from production costs.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
exactilly, how are they going to make money off a few cj-5 tops???

i like them but wtf??
You've never visited JeepForum to behild vast amount of mall-wheeling old-timer CJ owners that get all excited about a 2.5" lift and 31's. :teehee:

I agree with Jeepfreak. If I had a nice CJ-5, I'd probably buy one - but that's because I'm the hardtop type. Don't like soft tops at all. I have other vehicles to drive in order to get a topless fix and its not really that hard to take a hardtop off, anyway. Those raise-a-roof hoists that attach to the ceiling of the garage are very convienient, but even some ratchet straps get the job done. You only have to lift it a couple inches to drive out from under it.

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
You've never visited JeepForum to behild vast amount of mall-wheeling old-timer CJ owners that get all excited about a 2.5" lift and 31's. :teehee:

I agree with Jeepfreak. If I had a nice CJ-5, I'd probably buy one - but that's because I'm the hardtop type. Don't like soft tops at all. I have other vehicles to drive in order to get a topless fix and its not really that hard to take a hardtop off, anyway. Those raise-a-roof hoists that attach to the ceiling of the garage are very convienient, but even some ratchet straps get the job done. You only have to lift it a couple inches to drive out from under it.
So you do have alot in common with Skooter_Built.:teehee:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts