1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Old School
33,015 Posts
North will give more even heat, is there room to put it by the garage door? I know someone with it set up like that and it seems to keep the garage warmer, especially if you have to leave the door open for running a vehicle inside the garage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here is how I heat my garage. I cut a hole in the wall from the breezeway into the garage, installed a 8" duct flange, then ducts in the garage with an inline fan that moves 100 CFM of air. It has kept the garage above 50 Deg with current temps, and non insulated garage door.

Attachments

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is how I heat my garage. I cut a hole in the wall from the breezeway into the garage, installed a 8" duct flange, then ducts in the garage with an inline fan that moves 100 CFM of air. It has kept the garage above 50 Deg with current temps, and non insulated garage door.
I Though about doing that, but have no access to above my breezeway. I have a 750 sq ft house with a furnace that overkill, thought it would at least help keep it warm and shouldn't use much more propane.

North will give more even heat, is there room to put it by the garage door? I know someone with it set up like that and it seems to keep the garage warmer, especially if you have to leave the door open for running a vehicle inside the garage.
Not really, 2 spots I starred are about it.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Technically illegal and against fire code though. My house had similar setup when I bought it and it got flagged.

I've been wanting to do one of these radiant heaters in my garage, but only for when I am working in there. I've just been too damn lazy.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I don't know what wall, but am interested in feedback on this type of heater if there are any. I am looking for heat in my garage and the "tube" style has run its course.

·
Axle breakin' 101
3,119 Posts
Personally i would put in a hanging vented garage heater. Yes they are more $ but it will be properly vented and heat the whole garage. The ventless heaters eventually fill the space with exhaust and moisture leaving everything covered in rust. I know from experience.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200577749_200577749

This one is only a couple hundred more and will do the job better and safer. Minimal piping required.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You do not want that type of heater in your garage..hanging heaters are ok if you get a sealed combustion.the cheap ones still draw from garage.reznor makes a nice unit .so does moodiness.and sterling. And then hang in northwest corner aming to the southeast,,that said look into a sealed unit.and code is no flame less than 28" from floor(would want to check that but it's some were close to that

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You do not want that type of heater in your garage..hanging heaters are ok if you get a sealed combustion.the cheap ones still draw from garage.reznor makes a nice unit .so does moodiness.and sterling. And then hang in northwest corner aming to the southeast,,that said look into a sealed unit.and code is no flame less than 28" from floor(would want to check that but it's some were close to that
Already ordered, if it doesn't work well Im only out $200, plus I could sell it used for probably $100. Co-worker I have loves his, and the one in his last house.

Personally i would put in a hanging vented garage heater. Yes they are more $ but it will be properly vented and heat the whole garage. The ventless heaters eventually fill the space with exhaust and moisture leaving everything covered in rust. I know from experience.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200577749_200577749

This one is only a couple hundred more and will do the job better and safer. Minimal piping required.
Isn't forced air heat really expensive to operate, especially since I am on propane.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts