1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
dog farts are the worst!!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Go until it breaks.
2,101 Posts
She should have lost her job 24 years ago when it happened not later when she is resigning.

·
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She should have lost her job 24 years ago when it happened not later when she is resigning.
agreed but I think it just came out recently. although I believe she was speeking at the naacp when it first happened, and they were ok with it... but they arent racist either... right?

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
She told CNN that she tried to explain to USDA officials that the incident was in the past, but said "for some reason, the stuff Fox and the tea party does is scaring the administration."

Does the truth hurt?

·
Registered
66 Posts
black to white racism is all over the place. there was something semi-recent in the news but i just cant recall what it was. But I remember thinking, "If a white guy did that to a black guy, the whole country would be going crazy over it."

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,113 Posts
She didn't even have the job yet. She was talking about something that happened before she was hired at her current job.

·
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
black to white racism is all over the place. there was something semi-recent in the news but i just cant recall what it was. But I remember thinking, "If a white guy did that to a black guy, the whole country would be going crazy over it."
Sarcasm is lost on this one :poke:

She didn't even have the job yet. She was talking about something that happened before she was hired at her current job.
Yes but she was working for a nonprofit group, she should have lost her job then and never been brought into the USDA.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Cliffs: Black lady was racist at one point in time, and does some sort of speaking engagement to try and explain how wrong she was to think that back then. Media gets a hold of the story, and she is forced to resign for something she did 24 years ago, before she worked for the USDA, and she admits she was wrong about.

·
Go until it breaks.
2,101 Posts
Yes but she was working for a nonprofit group, she should have lost her job then and never been brought into the USDA.
This is what I meant. I realized she was not at the USDA when it happened but she should not have ever gotten the opportunity to be there or even keep her non profit job.

·
Keep on truckin
5,937 Posts
:sonicjay::sonicjay: @ comment from Rick 27 seconds ago
Why don't sharks eat spooks?
They think it's whale @#$%.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Many non profits have a narrow focus, what that person needed help with may have been beyond the focus of this group. She may have done a poor job telling him why they can't help him but who knows why it happened. All in all I don't see the big deal, and I would have to say that I'm a bit racist at time (when appropriate of course). Publish the mission statement of her employer at the time and see where her actions fall in that context.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts