Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
suspension for trail wheelers, solid for racers. As long as your belts are properly tightened, you'll stay glued to the seat, basically being one with it, moving with it, and letting the seat take the hit. In a suspension seat, when you compress the seat, the belts become loose, and make compressing your back much easier, and in most cases, make the compression worse.

On another note, @RDK_YJ88 , I was looking at the sparco evoII seats, and saw that the evo line is basically sized according to the series. How tall are you, and how much do you weigh? I'm trying to decide if the evoII will fit me comfortably for my next build. Hoping to get a rig built for the RBOR series and technical wheeling.

I have evoII with the UPR seat pads in them. If you guys want to sit in them for sizing let me know

·
Registered
32 Posts
What made you chose ZR2 control arms over Dirt King or Brenthel arms? As-delivered, the ZR2 is only 8.5" of front suspension travel - the UBJ is the first part to reach its limit, followed by the CV's. The Hall Racing truck used different upper arms and different CV shafts to gain travel.

You planning on using the ZR2 diffs also?

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
What made you chose ZR2 control arms over Dirt King or Brenthel arms? As-delivered, the ZR2 is only 8.5" of front suspension travel - the UBJ is the first part to reach its limit, followed by the CV's. The Hall Racing truck used different upper arms and different CV shafts to gain travel.

You planning on using the ZR2 diffs also?
We chose stock zr2 parts because the goal is to race a stock truck and find where we can make parts to improve them. We are developing parts that offer upgrades to factory parts. Same reason for using a factory rear axle, we are able to showcase our parts.

Are we building a truck that will dominate the class? No, that’s not our intention. Are we building parts that dominate the market? That’s the plan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We chose stock zr2 parts because the goal is to race a stock truck and find where we can make parts to improve them. We are developing parts that offer upgrades to factory parts. Same reason for using a factory rear axle, we are able to showcase our parts.

Are we building a truck that will dominate the class? No, that’s not our intention. Are we building parts that dominate the market? That’s the plan.
Wasn't trying to influence your build - only asking out of curiosity. I work for a GM supplier, have put many hours into developing the ZR2, genuinely like it, and would like to see it succeed. I agree this platform has some strong points that should make a competitive 4600 entry.

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Wasn't trying to influence your build - only asking out of curiosity. I work for a GM supplier, have put many hours into developing the ZR2, genuinely like it, and would like to see it succeed. I agree this platform has some strong points that should make a competitive 4600 entry.
No worries! That was the best way i could explain it, while typing on a phone :sonicjay:

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
New JD2 Model 32 bender with Swag offroad hydro mount and 2" die all assembled. Ready for a pile of tube to show up today. Hopefully have the truck back from the frame shop this week.

·
Yooper In Training
7,062 Posts
What bender did you have before?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
It looks like you have a 180 degree die in there, how far of a bend will you be able to get with one stroke of the ram?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
It looks like you have a 180 degree die in there, how far of a bend will you be able to get with one stroke of the ram?

I'm not sure. Will find out this weekend though.

·
Yooper In Training
7,062 Posts
Were you bending/breaking stuff, or just wanted the extra peace of mind?

Looks like same basic function and setup as mine, and I can get around 40°. Probably slightly more, but I usually stop before it maxes out.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

Looks like same basic function and setup as mine, and I can get around 40°. Probably slightly more, but I usually stop before it maxes out.
Wow ok, I was considering copying the jd2 set up for my bender but I can get close to 90 before I need to reposition with my current set up

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

We are going to be bending a lot of 2” tubing. That’s the max size of the model 3 and ours is getting pretty worn out. I wanted something a little more heavy duty.

·
Gustafson
9,297 Posts
It's back from the frame shop, but haven't had time to get started on it. Should have lots of updates in July once we get caught up in the shop.
:thumb: Looking forward to it.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts