Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Human Hunter
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my buddy is thinking about taking his new rubi out and going to silver lake this weekend..he is under the impression that he has to buy a state park yearly permit and a ORV permit to enter the park..do they not offer state park day passes at silver lake...

never been there myself..so could someone please clrify..as i have him on the phone now..

thanks,
Grifter

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
day passes are available when you get your dune voucher

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts

·
Human Hunter
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok next question..whats a voucher and how does one go about getting one..

(jeez o peets one of these days i really need to get out there and experience the place for myself)

thanks guys,

RLTW,
Grifter

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
Vouchers are for dune entrance to keep the lines down on the road. there is a voucher center down the road from the dunes where you get them. and you can get an orv and park pass there too.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
ok next question..whats a voucher and how does one go about getting one..

(jeez o peets one of these days i really need to get out there and experience the place for myself)

thanks guys,

RLTW,
Grifter
The voucher center is just down from the entrance to the dunes. As long as he is dune ready ( not trailering ) he should be able to just get a voucher and drive right in.

·
Get Some
4,226 Posts
the voucher determines what time you can enter the dunes. they are in a couple hour intervials. as far as getting them there is a both right down the road from the dunes, you get them there. There will be signs. If he needs to park a trailer in the dunes I suggest you get a voucher quickly as they run out very fast. If he is just driving in it shouldnt be a problem getting the time he wants. I hop that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts