Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Heep Of Jeep
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mazda Protege with a 1.5L motor. Its Front wheel drive Automatic..... its been in 2 jacked accidents and some how is still chugging down the road. My question is will that motor fit in any other vehicle? i want to just find a cheep car with a blown motor or trans and swap the motor or trans from my car to it...... can anyone help me?????

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
I have a Mazda Protege with a 1.5L motor. Its Front wheel drive Automatic..... its been in 2 jacked accidents and some how is still chugging down the road. My question is will that motor fit in any other vehicle? i want to just find a cheep car with a blown motor or trans and swap the motor or trans from my car to it...... can anyone help me?????
cheep car as in any make model?

you can put your motor in anything with the right fab skills and time. but the easiest way would be to find another mazda with the same motor and just swap them.

if you want to put the mazda motor in something other than a mazda then you'll have to swap wiring harness and all kinds of other things than just the engine and trans.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
is the body really that bad? if your just looking for a beater DD, get a come-a-long and park near a tree, and straighten the body out some, then no need to buy another beater that will have more issues, and have to go through a bunch of work making it drivable

If your going to be working on it either way, why bother spending the money on another beater car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts