Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Hack
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, got this 16yr old female cat. She's developed this bad habit of crapping and pissing on the basement floor. She walks past the litterbox and soils the cement.....

Any ideas? I'm considering the .22 hollowpoint to the skull, or the more stressful and less humane trip to the vet.....

·
No more Jeep
4,009 Posts
Old age. My old cat used to do that.

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Often wondered if they feel it any less with a 12 gauge. It sure seems quicker. Lot less jumping around afterward. Sometimes the damn things lay there and purr for a while, after the .22 hollow to the head. Makes me sick.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
I know a guy that was having same issues with his cat. Everytime he would find crap on the floor he would shove the cats face in it and toss him out for the nite.

Later he found out it was a huge possum that was getting into the house and free roaming it..........

He found this out by waking up to the f'ing thing hissing at him from his bedpost.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
i think your cat is so old that its like 'Old Dog' from the movie Menace to Society and it JUST DOESNT GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE and can has cheese buger

·
Hack
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm using bleach to clean the floor. And I also got some sort of enzyme type spray I use. She's living on borrowed time. I hate the thought of taking her to the vet because it's always a real stressful experience. That's why I was thinking about 'sneaking' up behind her and putting me out of her misery.

·
large member
677 Posts
my wife and i had a cat that was 15 years old and it started doing shit like this.
one day the cat ran away when i was leaving for work and never found its way home.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
It isn't uncommon for that to happen as animals get older. Especially cats.

Sorry but I dont think you have other options, lucky she has lived such a long life.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Most old cats act like this eventually, we've always decided that they are on their last days, so we visited the vet for a last visit. No sense ending up hating the cat after all the good years.

·
Hack
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got a couple .22 pistols. One that's rather loud (Lorcin), and one that can be made silent (Colt Target) with the rubber nipple trick.

She absolutely freaks out in the car, and I'd rather not have her all stressed, ya know, before the end. Thought it would be best to take her out in the back yard and just 'put out the lights'. Neighbors will probably turn me into the cops, so this isn't a 'real' idea. Just thinking out loud.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
You can go to a country feed store and buy the medicine yourself I believe. At least you can buy everything else so I assume this wouldn't be any different unless its a narcotic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts